Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. (Cardno) seeks a Director of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) for an upcoming CDC initiative focused on strengthening the government of Tanzania’s (GOT) capacity to develop, implement and use digital health to achieve HIV/TB epidemic control through interoperable information systems, governance, quality improvement and workforce support under PEPFAR.
The Director of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) oversees country teams in their M&E activities and contributes to and participates actively in the development and implementation of project-wide strategies in fulfillment of the program’s mandates. S/he will also participate in project management and performance improvement by providing timely monitoring and evaluation data.
The Director of Monitoring and Evaluation will be required to:
- Make operational decisions and manages the various components of the program dealing with M&E.
- Manage data collection, analysis and reporting on performance indicators by project team members and project counterparts.
- Develop the Project Management Plan setting out specific quantifiable performance indicators and targets for overall objectives and activities and establishing monitoring systems to measure project progress.
- Lead writing of quarterly technical and financial reports.
- Utilize critical inputs, feedback, and assessments from evaluation partners to inform changes in program approaches and scale-up.
- Master’s Degree in Statistics or other relevant field.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant professional experience in designing and implementing M&E activities, and special studies for complex service delivery programs.
- Demonstrated expertise in both quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Demonstrable analytical skills to measure the impact of the project’s activities.
- Extensive experience with capacity building. Knowledge of CDC and PEPFAR programming and evaluation practices strongly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills, initiative, good judgment, and problem-solving abilities.
- Proficiency in the use of financial software applications (QuickBooks).
- Proficiency in MS Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Fluency in English.
Tanzanian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
About the OrganizationCardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd., is part of Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division with international development assistance companies in Brisbane, Brussels, Jakarta, Melbourne, Nairobi, Oxford, Port Moresby, and Washington, DC. Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. was formerly Emerging Markets Group, Ltd. and brings nearly a 30-year history serving the objectives of bilateral and multilateral donors and private clients. The Emerging Markets Division brings together a broad range of experience and talent; a rich history of innovation, passion and commitment to international development and an established reputation for high quality demand and client driven services.
Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division manages more than $750 million in current contracts and grants, brings together over 90 years of collective experience, and engages over 3,700 professionals in more than 100 countries. Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division currently implements over 130 projects globally.
More Jobs from this Organization