Job Title: Director of Monitoring and Evaluation - Indonesia
Department/Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Reports To: Chief of Party (COP)
Type: Regular Full-Time
Classification: Exempt Level
Overview: IBTCI is currently seeking a Director of Monitoring and Evaluation for an upcoming Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Support Project in Indonesia, funded by USAID. This will be a full-time, key position based in Jakarta, Indonesia. This Project will provide a range of MEL technical assistance to USAID Indonesia’s portfolio of programs.
Note: This position is for a proposal and is contingent upon award
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop quantitative and qualitative tools and associated protocols for monitoring and evaluating USAID activities and projects in Indonesia.
- Analyze and/or oversee the analysis of quantitative and qualitative data.
- Design and conduct evaluations, in accordance with USAID’s evaluation policy. This work may include performance evaluations, impact evaluations, whole of project evaluations, ex-post evaluations, and developmental evaluations.
- Schedule, design and carry out/provide quality control of, baseline, mid-term, or end-line data collection. Build on existing technical tools, such as questionnaires and surveys, to gather baseline data.
- Review and analyze baseline, mid-term, and end-line data collected by IBTCI, USAID and implementing partners.
- Develop protocols and plans for randomized field visits to carry out Data Quality Assessments.
- Collaborate with MEL and technical teams in data analysis for portfolio reviews, quarterly and annual reports, PPRs, and other events, as needed.
- Conduct research, assessments, academic studies, situational analyses, rapid appraisals, surveys, polling, feasibility studies, cost-benefit analyses (CBA), and/or cost-efficiency analyses (CEA).
- Synthesize and communicate data relevant for learning, and adaptive management, project and activity-level decision making, and strategy development, to promote utilization.
- Support the development of quarterly and annual reports to USAID, and other necessary materials to facilitate research, best practices, policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Prior experience in the Asia region desirable.
- Previous experience implementing, monitoring, or evaluating programs in areas such as water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH), Education, Public Health, Environment including natural disasters/climate change/food security, Economy, Energy and Pollution, Democracy and Governance, Gender, or related.
- Demonstrated ability to work and interact effectively with USAID and implementing partners.
- At least seven years of experience in M&E plan design, data collection, and conducting qualitative and quantitative field research
- At least two years of experience in team management
- Demonstrated experience developing, reviewing, and revising MEL frameworks
- Prior experience in developing and maintaining data management and reporting tools (e.g. Excel and Google Spreadsheets)
- Previous work developing guidance/training materials for MEL
- Familiarity with USAID’s regulations, objectives, approaches, and operations, particularly as they relate to MEL
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Works well with minimal supervision
- Well-organized, attentive to detail, and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve complex issues using strong analytical skills and proactively anticipate work requirements
- Oral and written fluency in English required
Education: Master’s degree in Economics, International Development, Social or Health Sciences, and/or related field.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position will include supervisory responsibility.
Travel: International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile and/or conflict-prone zones.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. We are an E-Verify Employer. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.
About the Organization
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.