Blumont is seeking is seeking a qualified Director of Monitoring and Evaluation for an upcoming USAID-funded project in Lebanon. The strategic focus of USAID/Lebanon’s activities is to help Lebanon become stable and self-reliant in the long-term. Underpinning this strategic approach is the Mission’s emphasis on creating more jobs through private sector engagement and more effective educational institutions as well as improving the delivery of essential services by strengthening public institutions, community capacity and management of key resources. In the latter instance, if essential public services are delivered in a more effective and self-reliant manner, then Lebanese communities will experience less competition and conflict over resources, an improved quality of life, and increased public confidence in governmental bodies.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides leadership in the planning and coordination of performance and impact evaluations, operational research, baseline assessment, evaluation design and methodology, research and analysis, monitoring and evaluation capacity building, and collaborating, learning, and adapting
- Ensure that the methodologies used to measure the results include gender, disability-inclusive, and conflict sensitive measures, and that they are consistently and systematically tracked and reported in accordance with USAID data reporting requirements
- Oversee production and ensure quality of all assessments, data, analytical reports, and evaluations, including the testing of the development hypothesis
- Responsible to ensure that monitoring and evaluation activities under this contract are in accordance with USAID rules and regulations
- Other duties as assigned.
- Postgraduate degree in the field of evaluation and research methodology, international development or a related technical field, with substantive training in monitoring and evaluation.
- A minimum of 10 years of professional work experience on large complex development projects, preferably with USAID or other donor funding
- Demonstrated quantitative and qualitative data analysis skills
- Prior experience with USAID funded work in Lebanon is highly preferred
- Superb financial management skills and knowledge of latest management tools and computer applications
- M&E training/capacity building experience
- Knowledge and experience of DFID funded programs strongly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Fluency in English abilities in Arabic highly preferred.
About the Organization
Blumont is a global organization working in concert with local communities to design and implement innovative approaches to build infrastructure, deliver lifesaving humanitarian assistance, and foster opportunities for long-term stability and development. With two decades of experience working in the world’s most challenging environments, we have the capacity to effectively operate in nearly any conditions. Blumont serves refugees, internally displaced persons, victims of conflict, and other underserved populations through programming tailored to local contexts and needs in order to empower communities from relief and recovery to sustainable resilience.