Cardno is currently seeking a qualified Director of Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) for the upcoming USAID Liberia Health Systems Strengthening (UHSS) activity. The project’s goal is to strengthen the Liberian health system through improving leadership and accountability for results in public and private health sectors at both national and local levels. The success of project activities will result in the following achievements: Improved leadership and accountability for results at each level of the health sector; Increased availability and improved management of key health systems resources; Strengthened community systems for quality health services.
The Director of M&E will lead a team in designing and implementing tailored monitoring and evaluation data collection for all project activities. The position will supervise the development of the necessary data collection instruments, methodologies and management protocols to capture data collection.
This position will be based in Monrovia and is contingent upon contract award to Cardno.
- Provide technical leadership and support for monitoring and evaluation, ensuring data quality assurance, and meeting work plan targets and outcomes
- Design the evaluation methodology and participatory data collection methods and protocols for both performance and impact evaluations
- Lead a team in designing and implementing tailored monitoring and evaluation data collection activities
- Supervise the development of the necessary data collection instruments, methodologies and management protocols to capture data collection, and ensure timely and quality reporting
- Collate and analyze data for regular project reporting, and lead periodic performance reviews to present and discuss findings and inform project design and implementation
- Prepare a variety of technical and communications documents and visual representations of data for both internal and external audiences
- Provide leadership for knowledge management and disseminating lessons learned and best practices
- Supervise M&E officers and staff, and oversee day to day data collection and data entry activities.
- Sciences bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred
- At least 7- 10 years of experience in M&E and conducting qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Experience developing survey questioners, surveys and data collection, assistance with monitoring plans and indicators, knowledge dissemination and public outreach and performance management
- Strong analytical skills advanced knowledge of M&E data analysis software, such as SPSS, Stata, and Excel
- Experience in monitoring and evaluating health programming preferred, particularly with USAID programs in Liberia or elsewhere in the region with USAID’s management and reporting requirements and systems, indicators, and M&E and Learning (ME&L) framework
- Strong inter-personal and public relations skills
- Experience leading donor-funded projects in Liberia or elsewhere in the region
- Demonstrated experience in working with non-governmental organizations, governmental and civil society organizations
- Liberia nationals are strongly encouraged to apply
- Fluency in English.
About the Organization
Cardno has a 50-year history of working in partnership with developing countries to deliver solutions for sustainable development. Through the expertise of professionals operating in more than 100 countries, we investigate the causes of poverty and focus on improving the physical, economic and social infrastructure that sustains communities.