Chemonics seeks a director of monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) for the upcoming USAID-funded education activity in Bangladesh. The anticipated Shekhar Jonno Pori (“Read to Learn”) activity is a five-year, $50-$99 million USAID-funded program. The primary purpose of the activity is to provide direct technical assistance to the Bangladeshi government and its sector-wide Fourth Primary Education Development Program, schools, and teachers to improve early grade reading outcomes. This position, a mid-level technical role, is contingent upon donor approval and funding. The director of MEL will report to the chief of party. CVs will be reviewed and considered for multiple positions. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide technical leadership and oversight of MEL activities
- Ensure quality, timeliness, and efficiency of tool development, data collection, data analysis, and reporting
- Advise on the design of research activities relevant to early-grade reading; experience with Early Grade Reading Assessments (EGRA) preferred
- Design operations research studies that require the design, adaptation, and application of quantitative approaches
- Support the project team to review project data and develop strategies to address any problems identified
- Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in education, research methods, statistics, or a related field
- Expertise in quantitative and qualitative methodologies, research, management information systems, reporting, data quality assessments, data analysis, and presentation
- Experience monitoring and evaluating education or development projects
- Ability to facilitate productive exchanges as well as communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Experience working on international donor-funded projects strongly preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English
Please send an email with an electronic copy of your CV and cover letter attached and “Director of MEL” in the subject line to BangladeshRLArecruit@chemonics.com by June 16, 2018. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.