Chemonics seeks a director of monitoring, evaluation, and learning for the anticipated USAID eSwatini Attain & Sustain 95-95-95, Prevent New Infections and Reach All Populations for Epidemic Control (ASPIRE) based in the Kingdom of eSwatini. The purpose of ASPIRE is to reduce HIV incidence and AIDS-related mortality and support the UNAIDS 95-95-95 fast-track target. This will be achieved through increasing access to and usage of quality comprehensive HIV services, increasing the uptake of biomedical HIV prevention services and integrated sexual and reproductive health services, and building the Ministry of Health’s capacity to provide strategic oversight and stewardship. The director of monitoring, evaluation, and learning will report to the chief of party and oversee the design and implementation of the performance management plan, M&E system, and ensure continuous quality improvement. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Lead the design and implementation of the activity M&E framework and information system to track delivery against targets, outcomes, and impacts
- Develop mechanisms for collaborating, learning, and adapting in activity implementation to actively incorporate lessons and modify approaches
- Provide the learning agenda and activity communication efforts with strategic oversight
- Lead analysis of the collected data to assess progress and identify areas for improvement
- Guide reporting processes among technical staff, consolidate program reports, and promote knowledge sharing for best practices and lessons learned
- Support all technical staff in M&E functions and manage any M&E-related staff in the program
- Ensure Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) for the project and all M&E activities
- An advanced degree in public health, statistics, M&E, research, or another relevant field
- At least seven years of experience designing and implementing M&E activities for complex programs in developing countries
- An in-depth understanding of how to design and implement M&E systems for complex donor-funded activities of size and scope similar to the activity
- A firm command of M&E issues with respect to improvements in quality integrated service and support programs
- Demonstrated experience in tracking performance against program objectives, reporting on outcomes, and analyzing data to contribute to continuous adaptive management
- Previous experience reporting MEL data to PEPFAR and USAID
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
Please apply through https://ghdrecruit.formstack.com/forms/eswatini_aspire. Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the positions are filled. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. For more information, please read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice here: https://chemonics.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/EU-Recruiting-Data-Privacy-Notice-12.2018.pdf
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.