Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. (Cardno) seeks a Director of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) for an upcoming USAID-funded institutional capacity building and agricultural market development program, the Agricultural Systems and Institutional Strengthening Activity. The program aims to support Ugandan institutions on the journey to self-reliance by strengthening their capacity to drive improvements in the agricultural market system. The program will work closely with public and private sector organizations (including the Government of Uganda, apex organizations, producer associations, and economic policy bodies), improving business practices, supporting institutional reorganization and developing strategic plans.
The Director of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) oversees country teams in their M&E activities and contributes to and participates actively in the development and implementation of project-wide strategies in fulfillment of the program’s mandates. S/he will also participate in project management and performance improvement by providing timely monitoring and evaluation data. The Director of Monitoring and Evaluation will be required to:
- Make operational decisions and manages the various components of the program dealing with M&E
- Manage data collection, analysis and reporting on performance indicators by project team members and project counterparts
- Develop the Project Management Plan setting out specific quantifiable performance indicators and targets for overall objectives and activities and establishing monitoring systems to measure project progress
- Lead writing of quarterly technical and financial reports
- Utilize critical inputs, feedback, and assessments from evaluation partners to inform changes in program approaches and scale-up
- Master’s Degree in Statistics or other relevant field
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant professional experience in designing and implementing M&E activities, and special studies for complex service delivery programs Experience with M&E work in institutional development and capacity building, agricultural systems
- Demonstrated expertise in both quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Demonstrable analytical skills to measure the impact of the project’s activities
- Extensive experience with capacity building
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills, initiative, good judgment, and problem-solving abilities Proficiency in the use of financial software applications (QuickBooks) Proficiency in MS Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ugandan nationals are strongly encouraged to apply
- Fluency in English
Equal Opportunity statement for U.S. based applicants: Cardno has a long standing policy of Equal Opportunity in employment. Our practice is to fill positions by selecting applicants who can perform the work in a competent and professional manner. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. At any time, if you need an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
Cardno is a professional infrastructure and environmental services company, with specialist expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world. Cardno’s team includes leading professionals who plan, design, manage and deliver sustainable projects and community programs. Cardno is an international company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange [ASX:CDD].
Visit our website at www.cardno.com/internationaldevelopment - to learn more about Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd.