AMIDEAST is the leading American non-profit organization engaged in international education, training, and development activities exclusively in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA). We offer generous paid leave and a competitive 401k with up to 6% matching.
The incumbent has primary responsibility for directing the operation of all (non-IT) company systems and infrastructure. Company systems include physical infrastructure and assets such as offices and property, and services such as utilities and other support systems. The incumbent identifies requirements, designs and implements policies and procedures, and oversees the maintenance of all systems.
- Evaluates proposed leases for field office facilities and tracks renewal calendar
- Maintains current database of facility leases
- Conducts ongoing review of HQ office facility safety and security requirements
- Responsible for developing and implementing risk management strategy for AMIDEAST
- Collects and organize data from field offices used to update corporate insurance policies
- Manage, develop, and track department budgets
- Identifies and reviews HQ and field security requirements/risk assessments
- Proposes and coordinates organization-wide emergency response planning
- Designated coordinator for field office mass evacuation operations
- Primary point of contact for security status updates and manages information flow
- Institutes incident report protocol and develops procedures and forms
- Develops and manages emergency notification systems for HQ and field
- Responsible for managing and operating HQ security systems and protocols
- Archives and safeguards key company documents
- Oversees document authentication process
- Keeps and maintains current database of tangible assets
- Reviews and recommends annual non-IT capital budgets
- Oversees and monitors facility systems and operations and review proposed leases and verifies correct lease terms
- Trains and supervises OS staff
- Responsible for designing and managing shipping and mail system throughout organization
- Other duties as assigned
- BS or BA degree or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Five plus years supervisory experience
- Five plus years’ experience with a variety of office equipment, computer hardware and MS Office software
AMIDEAST is an Equal Opportunity Employer- Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
About the Organization
AMIDEAST is a leading American non-profit organization engaged in international education, training and development activities in the Middle East and North Africa.
Founded in 1951, AMIDEAST in its early years focused on promoting U.S. study to students in the MENA region and managing U.S. scholarships and exchanges such as the flagship Fulbright Foreign Student Program. While these important programs continue apace, our work has expanded significantly.
Today AMIDEAST programs and services touch the lives of half a million individuals a year – improving educational opportunities and quality, strengthening local institutions, and developing language and professional skills critical for success in the global economy.