Panagora Group is a small business providing novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development. Our goal is to provide innovative solutions that build national capacity and promote sustainability through robust local participation and capacity building, utilizing highly integrated and private sector solutions. Throughout our work, we embrace a virtuous circle of knowledge stewardship, collaborative learning, and application of evidence to heighten and accelerate positive health and development outcomes.
Panagora seeks a full-time director to lead our organizational development and learning (OD&L) practice. The OD and Learning director will be responsible for developing and leading an OD&L strategy and work plan to increase Panagora’s thought leadership and expansion activities in this practice areas. Bringing specialized experience in OD, the director will supervise a team of CLA and KM specialists.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership and oversight of Panagora’s work in organizational development, learning, and knowledge management
- In collaboration with the new business team, lead capture and new business development in OD&L, including technical conceptualization and writing, development of new partnerships and technical resources, recruitment of high-quality technical personnel
- Represent Panagora as a thought leader on OD&L through participation in industry events, presentations, and written pieces
- Carry out OD&L technical assignments
- Overssee OD&L related contracts, including development and implementation of annual activity work plans and budgets, ensuring compliance with contract requirements
- Provide activity updates, lessons learned, and stories for marketing, communications, and learning purposes
- Monitor and support activity performance via regular tracking of financial and program reports, performance data, communication with field teams, and periodic supervisory travel.
- Ensure short-term assignments are staffed and carried out as planned, including through clear scopes of work, high-quality personnel, and facilitative oversight
- Actively support and represent Panagora’s mission and values in conduct and communications
- Mentor staff to ensure high levels of motivation, commitment, capacity, and teamwork.
- Master’s degree in organizational development, social science, business administration, or international development or an advanced degree in a relevant field.
- 10-15 years of working in organizational development, specifically in the international development sector.
- Experience building and administering organizational capacity assessments, managing organizational change processes, and strategic planning required.
- Demonstrated project management skills at a leadership level in a USAID context.
- Strong track record to lead and support winning proposals, including the ability to conceptualize and write technical proposals.
- Demonstrated experience supervising and mentoring staff
- Excellent facilitation, team building, and coordination skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- Experience living and working in a developing country.
- Experience working in one or more foreign languages.
Reports to: President & CEO
No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. Only applicants who include the required application components will be considered.
Panagora Group is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
*Note: Panagora does not offer visa sponsorship at this time.