The Director of Partnerships & Innovation develops global partnerships to support the technical work of Aflatoun International and provides oversight and management of the Partnerships & Innovation Department to support the development and maintenance of high-quality curriculum, e-learning and research products. Main responsibilities include:
- Develop international partner networks and strategic partnerships.
- Develop and implement a partnership strategy to increase the reach and impact of our ongoing efforts in advancing Aflatoun’s mission
- Conceptualize new strategic initiatives that could be built around or benefit from corporate, foundation, government, bilateral organizations or other partnerships.
- provide overall direction and leadership on curriculum, e-learning and research activities, including projects focused on these areas;
- Develop and implement the long term curriculum, e-learning and research strategy and annual departmental plans to achieve the objectives outlined in Aflatoun International’s 2016-2020 strategy.
- Lead the curriculum team in the development of high quality content and training material, including e-learning
- Lead the research team in development and dissemination of monitoring & evaluation tools and support for partners in conducting M&E on Aflatoun programmes
- Disseminate research findings to partners to enable improved programming and to external stakeholders to build the reputation and brand of Aflatoun as a thought leader and provider of gold-standard life skills and financial education programmes.
- Resource Mobilization
- In conjunction with other members of the Management Team, expand and diversify the funding base/pipeline to increase Aflatoun’s major initiatives and existing collaborations.
The Director of Partnerships & Innovation is a key leadership position, which in addition to functional responsibilities will act as deputy to the CEO and an active member of the Operational Management Team, providing advice on a range of strategic and cross-departmental issues.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- At least 10 years’ work experience in the areas of social development, financial or entrepreneurship education with children and youth, including experience in curriculum development and/or monitoring & evaluation of educational programmes.
- Strong people, project and budget management skills, including demonstrable on donor-funded projects.
- Analytical, critical thinking and strong problem-solving skills
- Academic degree in related subject (e.g. Masters in International Development, Masters in Education, Masters in Child Development).
- Highly skilled at moderating or managing public engagements (meetings and trainings)
- High level advocacy experience with government bodies at local, national and/or regional level.
- Significant experience in program development, including developing project plans, budgets, logframes and full proposals.
- Fluent written and spoken English (required). Knowledge of additional languages such as Dutch, Spanish, French, Russian or Arabic would be an advantage.
- Ability to multi-task and to work under pressure.
- Ability to work effectively in a small team in an international environment.
- Strong computer skills, including sound knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Understanding and willingness to conduct work and demonstrate behaviors in line with Aflatoun International’s values and policies.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally.
Conditions of Employment
The position is for a fulltime workweek (40 hours). We are looking for a committed & flexible individual with the ability and willingness to travel internationally. We offer a dynamic and pleasant multicultural working environment, with an indicative gross yearly salary range of € 3833 and € 5884 (inclusive of pension, health insurance, holiday allowance and national insurance contributions) - the salary level awarded will depend on relevant work experience and educational background.
Valid work permit and/or European passport is required in order to be considered for the position.
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject: Director of Partnerships & Innovation. Application, no later than 29 August, 2018. If you have any specific questions on the position please contact Chitra Mookerjee (email@example.com) or Roeland Monasch (firstname.lastname@example.org).
About the Organization
Children and young people are empowered to make a positive change in their lives and in their communities, with the aim of ultimately leading them to breaking the cycle of poverty in which many find themselves. Headquartered in Amsterdam, Netherlands, The Aflatoun programme is currently implemented in 100+ countries and reaches 5.4 million children per year.
Aflatoun’s social and financial education is delivered through a unique and innovative social franchise model in a rapidly changing world. Through a strong network of 192 partners and 36 governments the organisation is able to implement these programmes worldwide, which is the foundational strength of the organisation. The dynamic, bottom-up network of interlinked partner organisations is based on reciprocal empowerment and collaboration.
Through this social franchise model, the International Secretariat facilitates and supports the members. Aflatoun creates high-quality curricula, for different age groups and specific circumstances, which are contextualised and implemented by local partners. In addition, educators are provided with training to teach the Aflatoun child-centered, active learning method and the organisation also conducts research projects to validate the impact, effectiveness and quality of its programmes.
Aflatoun has a multidisciplinary team of professionals. We are now looking for a dedicated and experienced Director of Partnerships & Innovation to join us in our mission.