Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Director of Programs & Development will coordinate and manage institutional programs, including leading annual and five-year planning and reporting processes, annual program budget and staff development, and managing program/project administrative support. The position will also lead grant-getting and grant management, including tracking new grant opportunities, coordinating proposal development and submission, managing grant results and grant reporting. The Director of Programs will be a member of EII’s senior management team, contributing to institutional policies and decision-making.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience leading, executing and/or managing large multi-institutional, international grants required;
- Ability to understand/shape/sharpen program goals required;
- Experience working in developing countries and/or cross-cultural collaboration very desirable;
- Highly organized, flexible, and detail-oriented, with ability to balance multiple tasks, meet deadlines and anticipate needs;
- Ability to see the big picture;
- Must work well in a collaborative setting, as part of a team, but also able to work [well] independently;
- Must demonstrate high degree of initiative and ability to perform under pressure;
- Creative problem solving ability;
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from a variety of disciplines, cultures, backgrounds and experience;
- Excellent written and spoken English a must; writing and speaking ability in one or more of the following languages highly desired: Portuguese, Spanish, or Bahasa Indonesia;
- A./B.S. or M.S. in Environmental Science, Geography, rural development or other relevant subject, and or deep experience in managing projects in these areas;
- Requires a minimum of three years of relevant work experience;
- Must be eligible to work in the US.
The position is based in San Francisco, CA.
Application deadline: August 20, 2019, but applications will be accepted until the position is filled
Desired start date: ASAP
Compensation: Full-time exempt position. Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience with competitive benefit package.
Application Instructions: Please send cover letter referencing Job#035056DCN217, resume, two writing samples, and contact information for 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference Job#035056DCN217 in the subject line of the email.
About the Organization
Earth Innovation Institute catalyzes innovative, large-scale transitions to low-emissions rural development in tropical forest regions. Through regional interventions, we strive to increase farm production, forest cover, fisheries yields, and rural household wellbeing while decreasing emissions of heat-trapping gases. We are now working with local partners and through our own resident staff to implement regional strategies for low-emission rural development in Brazil, Peru, Colombia, Indonesia, Mexico and Kenya.