At CARE, we seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live with dignity and security.
This has been our vision since 1945, when we were founded to send lifesaving CARE Packages® to survivors of World War II. Today, CARE is a global leader in the movement to eradicate poverty. In 2016, CARE worked in 94 countries and reached 80 million people with an incredible range of life-saving programs. We also put women and girls at the center of our work because we know that we cannot overcome poverty until all people have equal rights and opportunities. We seek dynamic, innovative thinkers to further our mission. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us.
The Director of Prospect Management will provide leadership and guidance in the application of prospect management methodologies and best practices. Working closely with all of CARE’s fundraising teams (individual, corporate, foundation and global), this position requires the poise and leadership skills to coordinate prospect strategy sessions with development officers, and will be responsible for developing metrics and reporting tools that will provide analysis and interpretation of portfolio performance and health.
The position reports to the Senior Director of Donor Engagement and Prospect Management, and will work closely with CARE’s Fundraising, Business Operations and Research teams.
- Prospect Manager will implement CARE’s Prospect Management Policy by effectively managing donor moves in and out of portfolios to strategically align prospect interests with CARE’s fundraising needs. Prospect manager will provide data analysis to support these moves, and must skillfully lead portfolio review and strategy sessions with all fundraisers, as well as senior leadership as needed.
- Prospect Manager will develop reporting tools that will provide analysis and interpretation of portfolio performance and of the fundraisers prospect engagement activity. This will include managing this information in the CRM, and providing metrics and key performance indicator reports to senior leadership.
- Prospect Manger works with all research, modeling and wealth screening resources to oversee the return of screening data and to supervise how this information is coded and managed in CRM.
- In times of campaign, collaborate closely with senior leadership, campaign staff and fundraisers to develop gift pyramids and reporting tools that align prospect management with campaign priorities.
- Prospect Manager will assume management of the Prospect management and Research teams in the Senior Director’s absence.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years of prospect management experience in a non-profit setting.
- Candidate is required to have experience working directly with fundraising teams.
- Strategic thinker with strong leadership, business, and analytical skills.
- Candidate must have good writing and communication skills and ability to interact effectively with internal and external audiences.
- Candidate must have experience using complex databases.
About the Organization
CARE is a leading humanitarian organization fighting global poverty. We place special focus on working alongside poor women because, equipped with the proper resources, women have the power to help whole families and entire communities escape poverty. Women are at the heart of CARE's community-based efforts to improve basic education, prevent the spread of disease, increase access to clean water and sanitation, expand economic opportunity and protect natural resources. CARE also delivers emergency aid to survivors of war and natural disasters, and helps people rebuild their lives.
Our diversity is our strength; we encourage people from all backgrounds and experiences, particularly women, to apply.
CARE USA is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
The closing date for this posting, if listed, is approximate. Job postings may be removed from CARE's career website at any time.