The purpose of the project is to implement dynamic, catalytic, scalable, and responsive HIV service delivery packages for KP/PP to accelerate the Dominican Republic’s HIV response to achieve 90-90-90 targets while effecting positive change on the health system to remove barriers that prevent the DR from reaching 90- 90-90
- Engages in writing publications and developing proposals for new programs.
- Provides technical expertise with monitoring and evaluating programs and serves as primary decision maker for technical issues on project/program.
- Oversees the strategic direction, budgetary planning, and technical process of department to ensure business objectives are met. Identifies and consults with executive management on recommendations to make better business decisions.
- Supports performance management and professional development of direct reports, including ongoing feedback, coaching, and career support.
- Provide technical leadership in developing SI systems for KPs
- Provide technical leadership in design, development, planning, implementation; and capacity building for staff in analysis, visualization, dissemination, and use of data from different sources.
- Provide oversight for development of performance monitoring plans and development of systems for data collection, collation, analysis and use.
- Maintains constructive dialogue and technical exchange with MOH and technical staff of implementing partners.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with USAID, other donors, relevant government agencies, and NGOs.
- Develops tools for the design and implementation of SI systems for KPs at national, sub-national and at implementing partner levels.
- Ensures that SI systems and project implementation adheres to the appropriate global strategy and remains technically sound.
- Provides broad global technical leadership to design and implementation of SI systems for KP programs.
- Contributes to planning and development of strategies for the project.
- Support the analysis and use of data from routine information systems and special surveys to influence the design and scope of project interventions.
- Reviews, analyzes and evaluates the effectiveness of the project and makes recommendations for enhancements.
- Ensure that project data are appropriately displayed in dashboards using various graphics and geo-spatial displays.
- Develops strategies and tools for the design and implementation of the SI system.
- Represents the project to external entities at professional meetings and conferences.
- Maintains collaborative relationships with donor/client organizations, relevant government agencies, bilateral and other NGOs and consistently maintained and viewed as a knowledgeable resource in their technical area.
- Continually maintains a dialogue and technical exchange with field counterparts and technical staff of implementing partners.
- Coordinates with employees and consultants, on-site and in the field for situations that is less routine and more unusual.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree or its International Equivalent in epidemiology, public health, statistics, Health, Social Sciences, International Development, r Related Field.
- PhD or its International Equivalent in epidemiology, public health, statistics, Health, Social Sciences, International Development, r Related Field..
- At least 8 - 11 years of experience designing SI systems and providing technical support to developing country projects in SI system development and implementation
- Knowledge and experience of PEPFAR reporting requirements
- Informed of current program developments in SI for KP programs and PEPFAR Reporting requirements
- Sensitivity to and understanding of SI for KP programs and systems in developing country settings
- Previous experience designing and conducting population based surveys
- Ability to manage SI systems, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities.
- Previous experience analyzing complex data sets generated through routine information systems and special surveys.
- Ability to develop dashboards that includes appropriate graphics and geo-spatial displays for different audiences at global, country, and community levels.
- Experience managing data using appropriate software including SAS, SPSS, or EPIINFO.
- Previous experience working with DHIS 2 will be an asset.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
About the Organization
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.