Director of Survey, IMEC,
Project Summary: In June 2011, MSI was awarded the Independent Monitoring and Evaluation Contract (IMEC) in Pakistan, through which it provides verification, monitoring and evaluation services to USAID across the country. The goal is to assess whether USAID resources are well-spent and achieving desired results and to prevent waste, fraud, and abuse in the administration of programs, regardless of the implementation mechanism. The Survey Unit supports other units in the project, which in effect are the Survey Unit’s clients.
Position Summary: The Director of Survey heads the Survey Unit, whose staff manages and participates in sample surveys and qualitative research according to well-defined processes that engage the Monitoring/Evaluation Unit and specialized survey and research sub-contractors. The Director of Survey is expected to manage outsourced surveys and research, which is the primary function of this position, and also participate in field work and data management and analysis. The Director of Survey reports to the Senior Program Adviser for Monitoring, and supervises and coaches junior colleagues and sub-contractors as and when required.
**Please note that this is a local position based in Islamabad.
Only local citizens are eligible to apply**
- Develop Statements of Work (SOWs) for survey and research sub-contractors based on the requirements specified by other project Units.
- Assess and advise the Senior Advisers and other Directors on research methods, processes and personnel proposed by the sub-contractor in response to the SOW.
- Guide and supervise the sub-contractor in completing work (including field work and data management) according to the SOW.
- Work with Senior Advisors and other Directors to ensure quality control in all research whether outsourced or internal.
- Whenever required by other Units, analyze and report on quantitative and qualitative data provided by the sub-contractor.
- Ensure and report regularly on the timely and satisfactory completion of surveys and research.
- Other duties, as necessary and requested by the Senior Advisor of Evaluation or Chief of Party.
- Master’s degree in statistics, economics, public policy or the social sciences. Exceptional candidates with other degrees will also be considered;
- At least 9 years in the field of development, including at least five years in research;
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement surveys and research acceptable to international organizations;
- Demonstrated team leadership and management ability;
- Superior analytical and communication skills.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To apply, please visit our website: www.msi-pak.com.
About the Organization
Company Profile: Management Systems International (MSI) is a global international development firm based in Washington, D.C. providing specialized short- and long-term technical assistance. In 2008, MSI joined Coffey International, Ltd., becoming part of Coffey International Development, a global international development consulting firm. Together with Coffey ID, MSI now has more than 1,500 development professionals worldwide, a corporate presence in 11 countries and manages more than 200 projects worldwide. Broadly, MSI implements a range of analytical and field projects in its core technical areas, including democracy and governance, strategic management and performance improvement, organizational capacity building, human development and natural resource management. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msi-pak.com.