Global Communities seeks an experienced Director of Youth Outreach for the anticipated USAID-funded Nicaragua Youth and Communities Secure Empowered and Resilient (NYCSER). This 17-20M, five-year program will empower youth and their communities to be resilient and equipped to advocate for and address their own interests and security needs.
Provide targeted youth with opportunities that enable them to become self-sufficient and civically involved through various channels to make positive changes in their communities’ development.
Manage a team that designs strategies and activities that uses a Positive Youth Development (PYD) approach to promote skills that enhance youth development
Provide oversight to activities that enable and enhance youth development.
Work collaboratively with key stakeholders to ensure project objectives are met.
* Master’s degree in a relevant field such as education, youth development, international development and at least eight years of relevant experience.
* Experience designing market-driven, locally solutions that solutions
* Experience working with the private sector to identify workforce skill needs and solutions
* Experience managing teams that address such issues as literacy, vocational skills training, work-based learning, entrepreneurship and access to finance
* Experience relevant to accomplishment of the cross-cutting objectives in the contract, including women, youth, cultural change, and sustainable partnerships with local and international organizations (both public and private).
* Fluent Spanish and a professional proficiency in English is required
* Similar experience on USAID programs is a plus
Nicaraguan citizens are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
About the Organization
The mission of Global Communities (formerly CHF International) is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.