Chemonics seeks a Director of Technical Writing for Health Program Strategy and Growth for the Global Health Division (GHD) within its Global Health and Supply Chain Office (GHSCO), located in Arlington, VA . The Director or Health Technical Writing supports competitive proposal development, as well as periodic technical writing for the Health Practice, and other Program Strategy and Growth (PSG) initiatives to enhance Chemonics’ technical excellence, reputation and visibility in global health. He/She is responsible for generating innovative ideas for content while working both independently and collaboratively as part of a team. The ideal candidate will be able to write clear, easy-to-understand products, which elevates Chemonics’ work in global health. He/She will report to the Sr. Advisor, Program Strategy and Growth. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Undertakes leadership role in proposal development, analyzes and recommends technical approaches, and assumes leadership roles on proposals, including, but not limited to, lead capture, czar, technical writer, section writer, and mentors staff on proposal roles.
- Analyzes existing and potential content and suggests enhancements to content and its presentation.
- Advances body of knowledge (e.g., innovations, best practices, lessons learned), quality standards, and identifies technical trends on contextual and public health issues relevant to proposals and programmatic priorities.
- Leverages industry network contacts; and cultivates partnerships with global health stakeholders, including USAID (or other donors), potential partners, and competitors. This may include travel to target countries to conduct field research (including meeting with stakeholders, clients, and potential partners) and engage in proposal development sessions.
- Other technical writing
Periodically leads and supports activities to increase Chemonics’ visibility, improve its reputation and technical excellence through efforts in one or more of the following areas:
- writing technical and promotional materials for publication in peer and gray literature including research, opinion pieces and technical briefs
- contributing to social media plans and products (e.g. vlogs, videos, social media posts) aligned with GHD vision
participation in industry forums
- capacity-building for team members
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required to support implementation of PSG activities.
- Learns and promotes strategies for effective teamwork and cultivates collaborative working relationships across the company.
- Expands professional and technical knowledge through a variety of internal and external training, research and resources.
- Fosters and demonstrates a workplace inclusive of creating opportunity, serving others, building trust, innovation, and exceeding expectations.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in public health or related field required; Master’s degree in a public health or health-related discipline preferred
- Minimum 8 years of technically relevant work required.
- Knowledge of global health programs and trends
- Familiarity with USAID programs preferred
- Strong analytical skills, demonstrated ability to take initiative
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Conceptualizes, outlines, performs, and directs the research and writing of technical documents (report, proposal, professional articles).
- Willingness to periodically travel and work abroad approximately 2 to 4 weeks per year; experience living or working in developing countries preferred.
- Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team.
- Fluency in French would be an asset.
Apply through our Career Center at the job opportunities site at https://phh.tbe.taleo.net/phh02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=CHEMONICS&cws=50&rid=4156 by May 14, 2021. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
About the Organization
Founded in 1975, Chemonics is an international development consulting firm. In more than 70 countries around the globe, our network of 5,000 specialists share a simple belief: that the challenges we face today are best solved through the right partnerships — sharing knowledge, expertise, and experience to deliver results. As part of our culture and values, Chemonics is proud to be named a “Best Place to Work” in the Human Rights campaign Foundation’s 2021 Corporate Equality Index. Where Chemonics works, development works. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter or visit us at www.chemonics.com.