DT Global is home to a growing international water sector practice implementing USAID-funded projects and is a holder of the USAID Water and Development IDIQ (WADI). In leading this practice, this position will serve as overall activity manager on overseas projects in the areas of WASH and water resources management, and will supervise and lead overall business development initiatives.
Provide overall strategic vision and direction for overseeing implementation and expansion of water sector portfolio, and strengthening DT Global’s reputation as a thought leader in water services. Technical areas will include WASH, water resources management, and climate change adaptation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee technical implementation of USAID and other donor water projects, serving as home office engagement manager for projects, as required;
- Provide direct supervision of professional and program staff, both at the field and home office project management unit (PMU) levels, ensuring effective coordination of project support services as needed to resolve administrative, technical, financial and personnel issues as they arise;
- Oversee project start-up and close-out, as necessary, and monitor and provide higher level guidance on project work plan development and execution to ensure quality and timely delivery of all deliverables;
- Manage USAID Water and Development IDIQ, including leading new business development and interacting with USAID and IDIQ partners;
- Lead business development activities, including target pipelines, research, recruitment, proposal development and marketing;
- Oversee successful development of new business proposals by providing strategic and technical oversight, reviewing all proposals as part of the development process, leading or supporting strategic partner negotiations. For priority bids, serve as the capture manager or technical writer in line with core skill sets and networks;
- Devise and implement marketing strategies for expanding projects with USAID and reaching new clients, including participating in technical meetings on water sector;
- Lead thought leadership efforts, including development of thought pieces and other knowledge management materials, participation in sector activities and events, mentoring of technical staff, etc.;
- Support adherence of all DT Global policies and practice and maintain the highest ethical standards.
Advanced degree in engineering, hydrogeology, sanitation, public health, or related topic;
- A minimum of 15 years of related professional experience in water sector development, including substantial managerial and technical experience in water and sanitation issues in developing countries;
- Practical experience working with a range of development program partners, including government agencies, regulatory bodies, utilities, the private sector, NGOs, civil society, consumers, etc.;
- Technically conversant in WASH, water resources management, water sector governance and climate change adaptation, and a demonstrated ability to acquire new knowledge in areas beyond primary areas of technical expertise;
- Significant past experience working in development, including at least five years working on/for USAID water/WASH projects and a detailed knowledge of USAID project implementation requirements;
- Proven track record building and leading teams both for project implementation and new business proposal development;
- Demonstrated ability to pursue and win new business, especially in relation to USAID contracts, by overseeing development of bid strategies and proposals;
- Proven ability to function effectively under tight deadlines.
- Willingness to travel overseas up to 35% of the time.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to work independently and on a team.
- Written and spoken fluency in English and overall excellent written and verbal communication skills
Fluency in French, Arabic, or Spanish
What we Value:
- Autonomy and proactivity around driving work to completion in the face of ambiguity and challenges;
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities;
- We value individuals who are team players and interact positively with colleagues and clients;
- Demonstrated ability to identify and solve problems individually and as part of a team, while respecting individual team members’ roles, strengths, and communication styles;
- Strong organizational and communication skills, the ability to perform effectively within tight deadlines.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DT Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. DT Global prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.
About the Organization
DT Global, built on more than 50 years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, and the Global Peace and Development (GPD) Charitable Trust, applies ingenuity, evidence, and passion to everything we do. Grounded in decades of technical expertise and leadership around the world, we incorporate rigorous learning and assessment in our program design process to ensure that we stay on the cutting edge of thought leadership. Our technical experts work in partnership with communities and institutions to deliver innovative, data-driven solutions that create sustainable change and improve people's lives. For more information please see www.dt-global.com.