Distribution Safety Standards Specialist (International)
No of Person: 1 person
Duration: 3 person months
I. Job Summary:
CARE is one of the world’s leading international humanitarian and development organizations, committed to helping people in poor communities improve their lives and alleviate poverty. Founded in 1945, CARE is working across 94 countries to fight global poverty and marginalization. CARE has been active in Bangladesh since 1949. In CARE, we put women and girls at the center of our work because we know that we cannot overcome poverty until all people have equal rights and opportunities.
CARE is seeking CVs for short-term and long term inputs from experienced international experts for the following position.
Distribution Safety Standards Specialist (International) will perform the following responsibilities:
II. Responsibilities and Tasks:
The specialist will be responsible for training service providers on monitoring and implementation of the standards of safety and efficient use of electrical appliances and equipments. S/he will be responsible for designing and developing manuals for user education programs.
A master’s degree in electrical distribution engineering or related discipline.
Experience of 15 years in electricity distribution in rural areas is preferred in developing countries in the region. Experience and knowledge on developing end user education programs on safe and efficient use of energy is a key requirement for this position. S/he should also have working knowledge on conducting assessment related to consumption practices.
Candidates need to be highly motivated and committed to CARE Bangladesh’s vision, mission, and long-term development work to significantly improve the lives of the most vulnerable and marginalized Candidates must be capable of displaying great learning agility, support and encourage knowledge sharing across projects, for the ultimate benefit of all of CARE’s mission wide initiatives.
Attractive remuneration package will be offered to the really deserving candidate.
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements should apply through CARE Bangladesh’s e-recruitment site: http://www.er-carebangladesh.org/care-recruitment/home on or before July 18, 2018.
- CARE Bangladesh aims to attract and select a diverse workforce ensuring equal opportunity to everyone, irrespective of race, age, gender, sexual orientation, HIV status, class, ethnicity, disability, location and religion.
- Women are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Any personal persuasion/phone-call will result in disqualification of candidature. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria.
- CARE Bangladesh has a non-negotiable policy of ZERO TOLERANCE towards discrimination, harassment and abuse. All employees are expected to abide by the Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse & Child Protection Policy of CARE Bangladesh.
- Internal and external applicants shall be treated equally in the entire selection process.
- There is no cost involved with applying for positions with CARE Bangladesh. Any solicitation of job application costs should be regarded as fraudulent.