The Energy Security Project (ESP) is a five-year project funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), implemented by Tetra Tech, a California-based leading provider of services in the areas of water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
The ESP mission is to enhance Ukraine’s energy security, to improve the energy legal and regulatory environment in the country, and to increase the resilience of Ukraine’s energy supply. This will help to support country’s economic development and sustain its democracy. ESP is working closely with the Government of Ukraine (GOU) to develop competitive energy markets. By doing so, ESP will facilitate private sector-led energy investments to provide affordable, reliable, resilient, and secure energy for all Ukrainians.
Tetra Tech is currently looking for a District Heating Sector Lead (“District Heating Lead”) to serve as the primary individual responsible for leading this critical component of the ESP. The individual will lead on the development and implementation of the project’s district heating strategy at the national and local level. The individual will help analyze, recommend and implement district heat market reform activities in Ukraine. This position reports to the ESP Chief of Party (COP). The position is based in Kyiv with occasional travel to other cities in Ukraine. The position is open to foreign nationals and will be considered as an expatriate resident position in Kyiv. ESP will assist with obtaining necessary authorities to work and live in Kyiv for the successful candidate.
- Creation of heat market rules of Ukraine with the EU energy market guidelines;
- Lead the analysis, provide insight and presentations on the district heat industry in Ukraine;
- Ultimately responsible for the development and implementation of the project’s district heating activities
- Manage a team of 10-15 employees and consultants, and number of subcontractors, implementing the project’s District Heating Strategy
- Represent ESP in forums and meetings with donors, energy community, USAID, etc. as the project’s Gas expert
- Contribute to reports, insights and technical papers;
- Proactively develop and implement a plan for introduction of heat markets, as approved by ESP management;
- Develop recommendations for heat market reform and engage with stakeholders;
- Ensure data and information are managed effectively, efficiently and securely across Ukrainian heat sector;
- Coordinate and manage analytical and consultant activities for heat industry reform;
- Build relationships with key internal and external contacts through establishing regular conversation and networking;
- Undertake projects and fulfil other duties, including facilitating and reporting on meetings, as may reasonably be required;
- Contribute to communication strategy and related communication plans to support heat market reform in Ukraine, as approved by ESP management, and contribute to implementation.
- Help to deliver key messages on Ukrainian district heat market reform to target audiences both in EU and USA, in line with ESP branding and marking guidelines and requirements.
- Closely associate with representatives from Government of Ukraine, NEURC, MECI and other stakeholders that have influential authority over decision-making in district heat market
- Other responsibilities, as designated by the ESP management team.
- At least 10 years of experience in the district heating sector, preferably in Eastern Europe and/or Ukraine
- The Expert must be able to speak, read and write fluently in English
- A Master’s degree or equivalent in business, energy, finance or related field
- Experience working on USAID or other donor-funded projects is a plus
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To find more about USAID Energy Security Project, follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/usaidesp/.
About the Organization
Tetra Tech Inc. is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees— 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
Tetra Tech ES, Inc., a subsidiary of Tetra Tech, is a leading provider of energy services working worldwide for development agencies, governments, multilateral banks, and multinational corporations. We provide technical solutions for the world's most complex energy challenges including energy policy and regulatory advisory services, utility reform, financial advisory services, clean energy deployment, and connectivity solutions.