Purpose of the position
The District Lead is a senior level position reporting to the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) and providing leadership and management over all aspects of BroadReach South Africa’s PEPFAR program at District level and assuring the attainment of the overall and yearly cooperative agreement targets in the district. With accountability for the success of the program in the district, the District Lead delivers, with fidelity, the cooperative agreement’s contractual, programmatic, administrative and legal/regulatory outcomes, goals, objectives, and activities; manages financial resources; manages and develops program staff; manages sub-awardees; coordinates partners; maintains good working relationships with the funder (OGAC & USAID), host government, stakeholders, and local partners; manages donor reporting; ensures compliance with all funder and host country requirements; and ensures high-quality cost effective delivery of services. At all times the District Lead must be a leading brand ambassador, adhere to the highest ethical and legal standards, and create a fair, positive and equitable work environment, This, position is contingent upon award.
Key Accountabilities (including but not limited to):
In your role as District Lead you will: Achieve the required results
- Build and sustain a strong, competent, informed and enthusiastic district teams
- Ensure that the best and most competent talent is hired in the district
- Lead, manage, mentor and develop key team members
- Create and foster healthy, positive, collegial safe and motivating work force and work environment
- Ensure your organisation structure enables the overall strategic imperatives of the Program
- Support and strengthen the BroadReach brand and reputation
- Represent BroadReach in district, provincial, national, and international forums to share the successes and experiences from the district
- Participate in key communications internally and externally
- Serve as a brand ambassador and inculcate brand ambassadorship throughout the organisation
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, business/public administration, or relevant field
- Masters in Public Health, Business Administration, or relevant field
Skills and experience
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in health or international development
- Five or more years of experience with donor-funded development programs, preferably within public health in South Africa
- Five or more years of experience with PEPFAR-funded HIV/AIDS initiatives would be advantageous
- Demonstrated experience in successful program start-up, program close out and establishment of sustainability which goes beyond the period of the donor funding
- Experience in successfully managing projects with a budget of at least R15 million per year with finance, HR, compliance and program delivery responsibilities
- Proven ability to establish strong working relationships with a variety of stakeholders including government representatives, non-profit associations, donors, media, academic and research institutes, and other stakeholders
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
Personal qualities & behavioural competencies
- Customer-centred mindset
- Strong operational leadership and management skills with the ability to foster followership, loyalty, commitment and build high performing teams
- Strong sense of introspection, self-awareness and ability to foster positive working relationships and work collaboratively across the organization to optimize the client experience
- Solutions focused, open minded, creative, innovative whilst being extremely decisive, action and results oriented
- High adaptability and ability to endure failure, learn rapidly from it, get back on track and meet targets
- Socially and culturally respectful, aware, adaptable and adept at finding acceptable and productive ways forward though complex constellations of stakeholders, interests and agendas
- Strong sense of maturity, discernment and able to maintain confidentiality when required
- Results Orientation
- Strategic Thinking
- Client Orientation
- Business Acumen
- Project Management
BroadReach culture cornerstones
- We serve a mission greater than ourselves
- We do better everyday
- We are solutions driven not problem focused
- We turn all customers into raving fans
Preference will only be given to South African candidates.
About the Organization
BroadReach is a health solutions company focused on improving the health and well-being of underserved populations across the world. We are consultants and health systems management experts who see more than numbers.
Using almost two decades of experience and foremost Vantage technology, we design and deliver effective solutions to healthcare problems in emerging markets, empowering stakeholders to make the right decisions and implement the right actions that improve health outcomes and change lives.
Our experienced has led us to develop two distinct, yet interlinked businesses units namely BroadReach Healthcare, to deliver direct Health Systems Strengthening services and BroadReach Consulting- where we share our lessons learned, expertise and processes with clients to help them boost their results. The impact of our human capital is amplified, disseminated and enabled through our technology partner, Vantage so it can be delivered consistently and at scale.
BroadReach is a proud Implementing Partner of Vantage Technologies.
Founded in 2003 by Dr. Ernest Darkoh and Dr. John Sargent, BroadReach is at the forefront of supporting African governments, donors and Ministries of Health in the implementation of Health Systems Strengthening programs. We have worked in over 20 countries on all major continents to support existing service delivery. BroadReach has been recognized internationally as leaders in global healthcare, most recently winning the 2017 Frost & Sullivan Data Analytics Innovation Leadership Award and the 2016 African Leadership Network Award for Entrepreneurship. In 2015, the BroadReach founders were recognized for their social entrepreneurship by the World Economic Forum/Schwab Foundation.
BroadReach: empowering action, changing lives.