Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions, and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.Project Summary:
The purpose of Nicaragua Youth and Communities Secure, Empowered and Resilient (NYCSER) is to empower youth and their communities to acquire the knowledge, skills, and resources needed to become resilient and better equipped to advocate for their own best interests and security in the current national context of social and political instability and discrimination, including by actively participating in their communities’ and nation’s decision-making.Position Summary:
The Driver will provide transportation support to project staff. The Driver maintains project vehicles and log of vehicle use, cleans, and follows up on vehicles’ services time frame for the well being of the vehicles in conformity with Creative’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).Reporting and Supervision:
The Driver will report to the Project Security Manager.Primary Responsibilities:
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Drive, maintain and service the project vehicles in keeping with the highest safety standards;
- Ensure proper long-term and day-to-day maintenance of all vehicles, including checking oil and other fluids, battery, brakes, tires, and other critical equipment;
- Perform pick-ups, deliveries, repairs and makes purchases of office supplies as directed by supervisor;
- Keep logs of vehicle use, maintenance, and service;
- Greet and direct visitors;
- Arrange for the collection and delivery of mail or documents, as directed;
- Work closely with the Security Manager and comply with all safety protocol; and
- Perform other duties as assigned by superiors within the driver’s capacity.
- High school diploma is required;
- At least one (1) year of prior experience as a driver is required; and one (1) year of general work experience;
- Valid driver’s license and excellent driving record;
- Ability to work independently with minimal or no supervision;
- Proven punctuality and ability to work as part of a team and excellent references a must;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
- Excellent judgement and strong commitment to safety and security of project staff, beneficiaries, and partners;
- Cultural, gender, religion and age sensitivity and adaptability; and
- Fluency in Spanish is required.
Local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.Position contingent upon donor funding.
- Training or certification in safety and security;
- Qualifications in motor mechanics; and
- Basic computer literacy skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)