ABA ROLI seeks a short-term consultant with expertise and experience in electronic and online learning (E-learning) to support its judicial education program in Egypt, which is supporting the National Center for Judicial Studies (NCJS) to develop and modernize its curriculum. The position will require travel to Cairo with additional work done remotely.
- Work in collaboration with ABA ROLI Egypt Program Director and/or Country Director to ensure all deliverables are in line with program goals and objectives;
- Collaborate with the NCJS to identify which course(s) to prioritize for e-learning modules;
- Work with the NCJS to develop approximately 2-3 e-modules tailored to the Egyptian context, and formatted for an e-learning platform;
- Where appropriate, identify and conduct additional needs assessment(s) for specific online courses;
- Coordinate with and provide recommendations to ABA ROLI and any technical experts on how to most effectively adapt and format the modules for the e-learning platform, including online and offline options;
- Coordinate with ABA ROLI staff and Egyptian counterparts as necessary to complete the assignment on schedule in a timely manner;
- Other duties as required.
- Advanced degree and at least eight years of experience in electronic and online learning, course development, and effective adult teaching methodology;
- Experience in judicial education an asset;
- Ability and willingness to travel to and/or spend significant time in Cairo over a three-month period;
- Ability to work collaboratively in a governmental context and establish fruitful working relationships;
- Commitment to ABA programmatic objectives;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Comparative and international experience and perspective an asset;
- Professional fluency in English required;
- Arabic language a plus.
Please send us your resume and cover letter.
For more information on this program please visit: https://www.americanbar.org/advocacy/rule_of_law/where_we_work/middle_east/egypt.html
About the Organization
ABA ROLI is a non-profit program that implements legal reform programs in over 50 countries around the world. ABA ROLI has an annual budget of over $40 million and nearly 500 professional staff working abroad and in its Washington, D.C. office. ABA ROLI’s host country partners include judges, lawyers, bar associations, law schools, court administrators, legislatures, ministries of justice and a wide array of civil society organizations.
For more information about what we do at ABA ROLI please visit: https://www.americanbar.org/advocacy/rule_of_law/about.html