E-Procurement Manager, E-governance and Anti-corruption project, Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
USAID is planning a multi-year E-governance and Anti-corruption project in BIH. The project seeks to diminish corruption by automating processes. This includes advancing the implementation of e-signature and interoperability among governmental institutions and the implementation of e-services, enhancing and making more transparent electronic public procurement system, and giving the stakeholders, civil society organizations and the general public tools for monitoring and scrutinizing government activities.
**Please note: Only BIH citizens are eligible for this position**
MSI seeks an expert to manage activities of the project related to enhancing and making more transparent electronic public procurement system. This will include identifying business and technical requirements for new modules to the system, providing oversight of the development and integration of new modules with the system, and ensuring that the system meets the objectives and stakeholder expectations. This is a full-time position based in Sarajevo and contingent upon funding and USAID approval.
- Identify business and technical requirements for new modules to the system to enhance its transparency and functionality.
- Provide oversight of the development and integration of new modules with the system.
- Contribute to and participate in further development of a legal and regulatory framework to support e-procurement.
- Lead activities to ensuring that the e-procurement system meets the objectives and stakeholder expectations.
- Support capacity building and professionalization of the public procurement in BIH.
- Contribute to public awareness campaigns on the role of electronic procurement in reducing corruption and offering savings to the public budget.
- Contribute to the development of project key deliverables and reports.
- Master’s degree or its equivalent in IT, knowledge/information management, or related fields. Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in related areas will be considered if a candidate has 8-10 years of experience.
- Technical expertise and experience (3-5 years) in e-governance technical solutions particularly e-procurement, required legislation, policy and practices for successful implementation, in BIH or the region. Experience working with the relevant governmental agencies in advancing e-governance reforms is preferred.
- Experience providing training of public sector and civil society counterparts in areas of public administration and procurement.
- Experience working on international development programs is a plus.
- Proficiency in English (speaking, writing, and reading) strongly preferred; proficiency in local languages is required.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.