- Based in Lombok
- Full-time Position
The Provincial Road Improvement and Maintenance Program (PRIM), aims to improve the way local governments manage and maintain road networks in their jurisdiction on a sustainable basis, raise network quality, improve road safety, increase provincial and district budgeting for road maintenance and encourage public scrutiny of the effectiveness of maintenance planning and delivery. The main objectives of PRIM are to:
- Strengthen the institutional capacities and standards for better maintenance of the existing road network within the provincial and local government, and
- Develop a sustainable model for using conditional grants to incentivize better governance, quality and value-for-money in maintaining local roads.
PRIM commenced in the province of Nusa Tenggara Barat (NTB) in 2013, initially concentrating on the provincial road management and extended to a pilot district government unit, West Lombok Kabupaten. It is designed to improve regional government performance in the planning, preparation, management and implementation of road maintenance through a ‘carrot and stick’ approach of using output-based grants to incentivize quality improvements and increased public scrutiny to increase accountability. The model has successfully leveraged significant improvements in local government performance in road maintenance, not only by focusing on technical aspects, but also on governance, management, transparency and professionalism of all partner organisations involved.
AECOM has been engaged as the PRIM Project Implementation Unit Consultant (PIUC) since 2015, providing support to the implementing parties including support in preparing engineering designs and bid documents, while carrying out training and institutional strengthening activities and providing institutional support to the maintenance works program across the Province of West Nusa Tenggara.
PRIM PIUC activities in 2018-2019 are focused on learning and knowledge management for the potential scaling up and transitioning of PRIM to support the Government of Indonesia Hibah Plan. The central government is aware of the positive outcomes in NTB from PRIM. The central government through the Sub-directorate of Technical Assistance Subnational Roads (SBTJD) therefore would like to assist other provinces to adopt the good experiences of PRIM. As the central government examines how the vital elements of the PRIM model could be replicated elsewhere in the country, as a parallel step, SPTJD would like to preserve the intellectual property gained by NTB and to encourage more widespread use of this valuable experience by making as much data and tested procedures developed under PRIM available to other provinces as and when opportunities arise. Collating this information will require substantial effort and is a preparatory task for the role out of the PRIM model under a possible national program in 2019.
To undertake this task an intensive one-year program is required to document, test and make available, the key learning and knowledge materials in a format assessable to all stakeholders. One of the significant short-term objectives is to provide selected new provinces with enough technical assistance for them to produce a work program of works to be constructed in 2019.
The Program will develop a Road Management Knowledge Hub for Indonesia. It is intended to be a web-based system for all road agencies, road practitioners and students interested in or working in the road management sector. The Hub will act as a repository of all things related to the management of roads in Indonesia such as training modules, regulations, manual and others. Therefore, road agencies and practitioners can find correct information about road improvement and maintenance and do their job properly.
We are seeking expressions of interest for an E-Publisher who will be responsible to perform the following tasks:
- Format and/or reformat all training modules, manuals, policies, regulations, photo and video galleries, images, diagrams, illustrations, and other information, to be uploaded into the PRIM Road Management Knowledge Hub.
- Adhere to all technical and quality requirements when uploading documents and information into the Knowledge Hub.
- Work closely with PRIM Web Developer, Motion Graphic Designer and Knowledge Hub Specialist to ensure the series of work are completed to required timelines and quality standards.
- Proactively identify challenges and propose solutions to avoid potential disruptions to the establishment of the Knowledge Hub.The position also requires you to have experience working in a multi-cultural team as well as working in the field in Indonesia, flexible and adaptive as well as good team player
- To be considered for this role, you will need to have a degree in Communications or Journalism; Skills in formatting training modules, manuals, policies, regulations, photo and video galleries, images, diagrams, illustrations, and other information for upload to Knowledge Hubs and/or online platforms; Demonstrated familiarity with Knowledge Hubs or online libraries; Good spoken Bahasa Indonesia and English language skills, Attention to detail and Advance level skills in Microsoft Office applications.
The position also requires you to have experience working in a multi-cultural team as well as working in the field in Indonesia, flexible and adaptable as well as good team player.
To apply and for a full Terms of Reference, click the ‘Apply Now’ button at top.
Your application will need to include:
- A cover letter and signed CV, including a declaration that the information provided is true and correct
- Names and contact details for two referees
- Please be advised that the successful applicant will be required to undertake a police clearance
Application close Wednesday, 20 June 2018
AECOM Services Pty Ltd is an equal opportunity employer of choice and is committed to child protection.
Women are encouraged to apply
Australian Aid – managed by AECOM Services Pty Ltd on behalf of Indonesia Australia Partnership for Infrastructure