The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a state owned organisation. We work worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ International Services (InS) is an integral division of GIZ. We offer the experience, the regional and technical know-how of GIZ in the global market and provide international clients with expertise in terms of economic and result-oriented services.
GIZ International Services is shortlisted for the EIB-funded project: „Technical assistance for the implementation of the Lebanon Industrial Zones project (LIZ)”.
The overall objective of this TA contract is to support the Lebanese authorities in the implementation of the LIZ project as well as the underlying EIB loan.
Given the different levels of preparation of the industrial zones as described in section 1.4 above, this TA assignment will be divided into three Components:
Component 1 will include:
- Project implementation support for the industrial zone of Baalbeck.
- Support for further preparation (complementary to the UNIDO Masterplans, for the three zones where those are available), necessary EIB due diligence and allocation under EIB credit line of up to four additional industrial zones.
Component 2 will include:
- Subject to EIB formally approving their inclusion under the project and hence eligibility for financing under EIB credit line, support to project implementation for up to two additional industrial zones (Al Qaa and Baourta, or others).
Component 3 will include:
- Subject to EIB formally approving their inclusion under the project and hence eligibility for financing under EIB credit line, support to project implementation for up to two additional industrial zones, beyond the first three zones covered under Component 1 and 2.
Qualifications and skills:
- University Degree in a relevant field for the assignment (i.e. engineering, natural sciences, environmental studies, business administration, finance/banking, economics, etc.)
- Fluency in written and spoken English: Good knowledge of Arabic and French would be an advantage.
- 15 years relevant international experience and practice in environmental and social issues, including managing ESIAs for infrastructure / industrial zones projects and fully conversant in IFIs E&S requirements.
- 10 years experience in managing / implementing ESIAs for projects financed by IFIs.
- 1 previous experience in Lebanon or the region, including strong knowledge of the Lebanese environmental legislation and procedures of national authorities would be an advantage.
- 1 experiences demonstrating knowledge of and experience in commercial and industrial operations of SMEs and industrial enterprises in emerging markets would be an advantage.
The location will be mainly within the CDR offices in Beirut. The consultant is also expected to conduct short missions to the industrial zones to be covered under the LIZ project. Short- term assignments may take place in other locations (e.g. MoI), depending on the need of the project.
Start date & period of implementation
The expected commencement date is November 2020 and the period of execution of the contract is up to 54 months from this date.(indicative: Component 1: 150 days; Component 2: 75 days; Component 3: 75 days)
Please note that we basically can only receive and process applications sent via our e-recruiting system. Should you not be able to do so, please contact the person named in the job advertisement. We would like to ask you to apply with a CV in Europeaid format.
After submitting an application, please check your spam/junk folder regularly for incoming messages, as emails from our e-recruiting system are treated as spam by some providers.
GIZ would like to improve the share of disabled employees, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
About the Organization
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.