ACDI/VOCA is seeking an Economic Development and Private Sector Engagement Leader for an anticipated Conservation Works Activity (CWA) in Liberia funded by USAID. Liberia CWA will conserve threatened and endangered species by strengthening protected areas and improving economic conditions around them. The Activity is anticipated to start in 2021.
The Economic Development and Private Sector Engagement Leader will be responsible for providing thought leadership and managerial oversight for economic development and private sector engagement (PSE) activities. This position will be based in Monrovia, Liberia.
- Develop and lead detailed work plan for implementation of the Liberia CWA economic development strategy
- Provide managerial oversight over technical specialists on Liberia CWA’s economic development/PSE unit
- Contribute written input to program planning and reports
- Coordinate with cross-cutting services such as communications, GESI, policy, MEL, and training to ensure that economic development/PSE activities effectively contribute to the success of overall project goals
- Build capacity among staff, partners, and other stakeholders around conservation
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in economics or relevant technical area.
- At least eight (8) years of experience related to the technical area, preferably in Liberia.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders, including government officials, private sector actors, financial institutions, project staff, and/or donor agencies.
- USAID experience is preferred.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
Liberian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs or email your CV to AVLiberia@joinav.org. No phone calls please. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.