Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market-led approaches for a broad and lasting impact. Banyan Global is headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working throughout the world. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: finance and investment, enterprise development, gender, youth, health, and evaluation and learning.
Banyan Global is recruiting a for a number of long- and short-term consultancy positions for an upcoming USAID regional project in Eastern Europe and Eurasia. The purpose of this project is to promote broad-based, inclusive and sustainable economic growth in Eastern and Central Europe and the Caucuses through greater intraregional economic integration and harmonization in the region and with other markets. Candidates must be from one of the following countries: Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Serbia, or Ukraine. Consultants must have expertise in one of the following technical areas:
- Banking, including banking supervision, risk management, deposit insurance and anti-money laundering
- Tourism Development in the Eastern Europe and Eurasia region, including rural tourism
- Agribusiness Development
- Regional Trade Experts
- Trade Promotion and Trade Negotiation, including standards and certifications
- Capital Markets
- Corporate Governance
- Access to Finance
- Information Technology
- Accounting and Auditing Experts
- Citizenship and residency in one of the countries listed above;
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, law, or an area relevant to development of the private sector competitiveness and/or financial sector reform from an accredited institution; graduate degree preferred;
- 7+ years of experience in economic development with specialization in one of the technical areas mentioned above;
- Experience working on donor-funded projects in South-East, Central Europe and/or the Caucuses, USAID experience preferred;
- Experience coordinating with project COP, team leaders, fellow consultants;
- Ability to communicate diplomatically and clearly with USAID staff, partners and national organizations; and
- Ability to work at a professional level in English, including reading, writing and making oral presentations.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer. Please submit a CV and cover letter to https://banyanglobal.com/careers/. No phone calls please.
About the Organization
Banyan Global is a development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches to international development. The firm has offices in Washington, DC and New York City and staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within five practice areas: gender, health, microfinance, financial sector development, and enterprise development.