Assignment Title: Evaluation Specialist—Economic Growth/Entrepreneurship Department/Location: CCG / Tunis & Remote
Technical Point of Contact: Chief of Party or Designee
IBTCI is currently seeking an Evaluation Specialist - Economic Growth/Entrepreneurship to support a final performance evaluation of an activity designed to support entrepreneurship among women and youth who may be at risk of being drawn into extremism, and to thereby contribute to Libya’s economic growth and political stability.
The USAID Monitoring and Evaluation in Tunisia and Libya (METAL) is a multi-year project focusing on the provision of monitoring, evaluation, and learning services in both Tunisia and Libya. Under the supervision of the Chief of Party and the M&E Specialist for Libya, the Evaluation Specialist will implement the evaluation per the scope of work below.
Scope of Work:
- Serves as Evaluation Specialist for a final performance evaluation of an economic growth/entrepreneurship activity in Libya that will assess attainment of intended results, effective and relevance of approaches, identify successes and lessons learned, and propose recommendations.
- Collaborates with the team leader to conduct a desk review, team meetings, key informant interviews, and site visits planning.
- Collaborates with the team leader to develop and the finalize of the evaluation design and data collection instruments.
- Ensures effective data collection and interface with data-collection sub-contractor(s).
- Drafts data analysis and reports.
- Provides verbal presentations/briefs to USAID.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding of the political environment in Libya and the Middle East.
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID’s policies and priorities for evaluation
- Arabic language proficiency.
- Four to seven years’ experience with economic empowerment program evaluation experience in the Middle East/North Africa and in conflict contexts.
- Solid experience in quantitative- and qualitative-based evaluation methods including key informant interviews, focus group discussions and statistical analysis of survey findings.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work with diverse international teams and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, including the ability to facilitate groups and present complex material.
Education: Master’s degree or above in development economics related field or in a field related to an area of expertise required for evaluations OR 4-7 years of experience in economic empowerment programs in conflict zones.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs. This position requires the incumbent to be mobile and agile at a moment’s notice in case of an emergency.
Travel: International Travel to Tunis, Tunisia is required.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
About the Organization
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.