Tetra Tech International Development Services, headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, is seeking an Economic Growth Associate or Senior Associate, specializing in enterprise development and capacity building.
Successful candidates will have expertise in working with agricultural and other businesses to build their managerial, financial, and technical capacities to expand their businesses in ways that deliver development outcomes and be able to design programs and develop proposals to access donor resources in these thematic areas.
This position will be based in Arlington, Virginia or Burlington, Vermont.
* Contribute to strategies to grow our enterprise development and enterprise capacity building expertise
* Contribute to marketing activities and new business development, including conducting scoping trips, identifying new partners and/or clients, and innovative approaches to development challenges;
* Assist in all aspects of proposal preparation: technical approach, staff identification, work plan, partner liaising, and budget development, among others
Provide leadership, innovation, and excellence in technical service areas, including mentoring less-experienced staff
* Provide technical assistance either for short-term international assignments or in a home office advisory capacity
* Support all aspects of project management and contract compliance from start up to close out, as well as client communications
* Assist Sector Director in general market analysis for the sector, among other tasks, as directed
* Master’s Degree in relevant discipline, such as business administration, economics, or enterprise development.
* At least 7-15 years of relevant professional experience including work overseas with strong client, supervisor, and peer recommendations
* Proven excellence in a providing technical leadership in working with enterprises to develop their managerial, administrative and financial performance
* Proven success in proposal development including serving as lead technical writer,
* Ability to work in multi-disciplinary, cross-cultural, and cross-sectoral team situations with a high proficiency of written, oral and presentation skills.
* Proven dedication to client happiness, through technical excellence of deliverables and/or managerial strengths in scope, schedule, and budget
* Ability to read, write and communicate in French, Spanish or other key foreign language
* Available for 25-35% international travel
* Ability to work in the U.S. without employer sponsorship
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech offers a full range of benefits. Please follow this link to learn more: http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. With more than 20,000 associates working together, Tetra Tech provides clear solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.