Tetra Tech International Development Services, headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, is seeking an economic growth Associate or Senior Associate, specializing in private sector investment mobilization and partnerships.
Private sector investment is an increasing part of USAID and other client’s activity design, especially with the current USAID focus on the Journey to Self-Reliance. This includes equity, impact and angel investing, as well as understanding the investment climate, private sector dynamics, and institutional/public investment mechanisms as well as multi-national, international and diaspora partners. This individual will be expected to develop deal- ready partnerships, facilitating connections between businesses and investors, and de-risking investments.
This position will be based in Arlington, Virginia or Burlington, Vermont.
* Contribute to strategies to grow our private investment mobilization and partnerships activities that integrate economic growth, trade and good governance
* Contribute to marketing activities and new business development, including conducting scoping trips, identifying new partners and/or clients, and innovative approaches to development challenges
* Lead all aspects of proposal preparation: technical approach, staff identification, work plan, partner liaising, and budget development, among others
* Provide technical assistance either for short-term international assignments or in a home office advisory capacity
* Support all aspects of project management and contract compliance from start up to close out, as well as client communications
* Assist Sector Director in general market analysis for the sector, among other tasks, as directed
* Master’s Degree in relevant discipline such as international finance, business administration, and economics
* At least 7 years of relevant professional experience including work overseas with strong client, supervisor, and peer recommendations
* Proven excellence in providing technical leadership in investment mobilization including equity, impact and angel investing, as well as understanding the investment climate, private sector dynamics, and institutional/public investment mechanisms of multi-national, international and diaspora partners, women and youth empowerment and social inclusion
* Proven success in proposal development including serving as lead technical writer
* Ability to work in multi-disciplinary, cross cultural teams - in the Home Office and the field - with strong written, oral, and presentation skills
* Proven dedication to client happiness, through technical excellence of deliverables and/or managerial strengths in scope, schedule, and budget
* Ability to read, write and communicate in French, Spanish or other key foreign language
* Availability for 25-35% international travel
* Ability to work in the U.S. without employer sponsorship
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech offers a full range of benefits. Please follow this link to learn more: http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. With more than 20,000 associates working together, Tetra Tech provides clear solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.