The Economist position is designed for a well-organized, highly motivated individual to support and work under two projects that Integra has been awarded by USAID: Learning, Evaluation and Analysis Project (LEAP III) and Asia Emerging Opportunities (AEO) project.
USAID’s Learning, Evaluation and Analysis Project (LEAP III), and the Asia Emerging Opportunities Project, were both awarded to Integra by USAID in May and August of 2018, respectively. LEAP III is a 5-year, $19.6 million project that supports USAID Missions around the world by providing various economic analyses, monitoring and evaluation, and project-design support services. Since May 2018, we have already begun implementation in Azerbaijan, Mali, Vietnam, Kyrgyz Republic, and Zambia. USAID’s Asia Emerging Opportunities, while similar in structure, is smaller and focused on supporting Missions in Asia. Its implementation began at the end of September 2018, and activities will also be at the request of USAID Missions.
While LEAP III and AEO are the main projects this individual will support, there are opportunities to work across other projects at Integra.
As required by activity under LEAP III or AEO, the Economist will:
- Provide assistance, direction, and vision for all assigned activities, including serving as the technical lead/expert to clients and partners for specific projects. These may be domestic (within the U.S.) or international (outside of the U.S.).
- Support analysis to identify the binding constraints to private investment and growth for countries (and to understand the policy and institutional weaknesses that underlay these constraints) and make recommendations on reforms that will help address these constraints.
- Provide research and data analysis in support of USAID or MCC’s results framework, including constraints analysis, economic rate of return analysis, beneficiary analysis, monitoring and impact evaluation, etc.
- Provide economic expertise on the design and implementation of USAID or MCC activities working in the areas of good governance, health, food security, agriculture and environment, and economic growth.
- Gather original data, obtain and review existing or historical data, and and analyze such data in support of research activities being carried out.
- Compile, analyze, and report data to explain economic phenomena and forecast market trends, applying mathematical models and statistical techniques. Conduct economic research, analyzes and interprets economic data, develop estimates of benefits and report the results of findings under the guidance of a senior Economist.
- Ability to clearly and effectively articulate Integra’s mission, services, capabilities, and experience while serving on activities.
- Ensure a high-quality, professional, and timely completion of project goals and objectives.
- Occasionally represent the business in meetings with mission officials and government officials.
- Provides project management support, as needed.
- Provides support and input into capture activities as needed.
- Master’s Degree in Economics, Finance, Business, Planning, or related field
- Minimum of 10 years in economic analysis including benefit-cost analysis, sectoral analysis, return on investment, and economic impact studies
- Able to apply advanced statistical methods, and able to communicate effectively about these methods to non-technical audiences
- Experience serving as a technical expert in quantitative analysis, economic modeling, and econometrics, using the office STATA statistical software, econometrics packages, and Excel spreadsheet software.
- Strong organizational skills, writing, research, quantitative and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team, prioritize and multi-task under tight deadlines
- Excellent command of English, foreign language skills a plus
- Desire to implement best practices in the international development
- Cultural understanding and overseas experience highly preferred
- US citizenship or work permit required
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Economist, LEAP III/AEO” in the subject line of the e-mail. No phone calls please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
Integra Government Services International LLC is an international development firm dedicated to implementing results-oriented programming to promote economic growth and self-reliance throughout the developing world. With a mission to identify targeted opportunities to drive broad based development impact, Integra has supported development partners and governments for over nine years, working across 40 different countries, impacting millions of stakeholders, and leveraging over $1.2 billion in public and private investment for development reforms.
Integra maintains a roster of world-class experts and key business partnerships with analytical, consultative, policy development, and managerial skills across key sectors, including climate and environment, agriculture and food security, economic growth, energy, and ICT. Our teams apply innovative approaches to development programming for sustainable impact, enabling the path to self-reliance across four core areas: analytical and support services, promoting enabling environments, monitoring and evaluation, and knowledge management and learning.