The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) was created to help foster social and economic development, create wealth and improve infrastructure connectivity in Asia by investing in sustainable infrastructure and other productive sectors. Four thematic priorities guide the Bank’s investment approach—sustainable infrastructure, cross-border connectivity, technology and mobilizing private capital. As a new addition to the global multilateral development bank (MDB) family, AIIB works closely with other multilateral and bilateral institutions as well as the private sector to improve infrastructure by promoting regional cooperation and partnerships. AIIB has 103 members, including 20 prospective members, and has an authorized capital of USD100 billion, of which USD20 billion is paid in. AIIB is a triple-A-rated institution.
AIIB has appointed its first Chief Economist and is in the process of building a state-of-the-art Economics Department to support the operations of the Bank, contribute to research in AIIB’s thematic priorities and new thinking within the community of multilateral development finance institutions. Candidates should display all-round capabilities in economic research and analysis.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conduct economic research and analysis to better understand the impact of infrastructure projects, or review such analysis of third parties, in support of the Bank’s financing decisions.
- Conduct economic research and analysis for AIIB’s publications for the development and review of sectoral strategies as needed.
- Research and develop country profiles, including macroeconomic trends, policy context and infrastructure needs.
- Critical thinking skills and a proven record of quantitative analysis.
- Advanced university degree (Master degree or higher, Ph.D. preferred) in economics, public policy, business or equivalent from a reputable university.
- Outstanding written and verbal English language communication skills.
- Proficiency in statistical and econometric tools. Additional proficiency in analysis using geospatial data, textual data will be welcomed.
Candidates are encouraged to submit samples of their written analytical work together with the application. Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency, and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability, or sexual orientation.
Join in AIIB’s mission to promote sustainable infrastructure investments and to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia and beyond.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
About the Organization
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank with a mission to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia. Headquartered in Beijing, we began operations in January 2016 and have now grown to 103 approved members worldwide. By investing in sustainable infrastructure and other productive sectors in Asia and beyond, we will better connect people, services and markets that over time will impact the lives of billions and build a better future.