Join the Economic Cooperation Program Collaborative Hub in Jakarta as the Market Access, Technical Lead who will develop and implement a Work Plan to assist the Government of Indonesia fully implement the Indonesia-Australia Comprehensive Partnership Agreement (IA- CEPA).
Overview of the Role:
The Market Access, Technical Lead will lead a technical assessment of legal and regulatory needs for the implementation of core and broader IA-CEPA commitments, and oversee work on bilateral opportunity assessments, taking the IA-CEPA as a starting point and identifying commercially meaningful, trade and investment opportunities in the mutual interest of Indonesia and Australia.
About the Program:
The Governments of Indonesia and Australia have entered into the Indonesia-Australia Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (IA-CEPA), creating a framework to unlock the vast potential of the bilateral economic relationship. To support this ambition, the IA-CEPA includes a new Economic Cooperation Program (ECP). The ECP’s goal is to maximise the benefits of IA-CEPA, support trade and investment, improve market access, and promote inclusive economic growth in Indonesia. The primary objective is to ensure the efficient and effective implementation of IA-CEPA to increase two-way trade and investment that is broad based and inclusive. Through a “Collaborative Hub”, the ECP will work with Australian and Indonesian partners, combining sound trade and development practice by supporting Indonesia to maximise the benefits of IA-CEPA, addressing regulatory challenges (through technical assistance), while resourcing innovative industry engagement in sectors of mutual interest, and by investing in standards, skills and private sector development in new areas.
About the Role:
The Economic Cooperation Program Collaborative Hub offers meaningful opportunities for each individual member of our team to grow, make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally. By joining the ECP Collaborative Hub, you will be part of an environment where you can collaborate with leading experts from diverse backgrounds, access development programs to achieve your career goals, and be challenged to take a global outlook.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a high performing team that combines trade and investment acumen with a deep knowledge of sound development practice. As a member of the Hub, you will support new collaboration efforts and ways of working in trade and development programs, integrating gender equity and social inclusion as a cornerstone of trade.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The Market Access, Technical Lead will:
- Strategically develop, implement and monitor ECP’s Market Access Work Plan and budget to assist the Government of Indonesia implement IA-CEPA commitments.
- Lead the Assessment of the legal and regulatory needs for the implementation of core and broader IA-CEPA commitments, including identifying bottlenecks, GESI opportunities, establishing a monitoring function to track regulatory developments in Indonesia and to track compliance.
- Advise senior-level counterparts on IA-CEPA implementation arrangements.
- Develop counterpart capabilities in line with Government of Indonesia priorities and ECP objectives.
- Enterprisingly and innovatively develop opportunities for ECP engagement, including with the private sector, in line with ECP’s objectives, counterpart commitments, and market reform considerations.
- Prepare briefings for GoI and GoA to facilitate assessment of progress and identify trade and investment opportunities in the mutual interest of Indonesia and Australia.
- Identify, review and manage opportunities for incorporation of gender, equity and social inclusion activities.
- Manage and oversee all area activities including engagement with other DFAT Investment Partners, consultancies, policy research, workshops and field visits amongst others.
- Provide direction, guidance, supervision and performance management of personnel.
- Support impact evaluation of IA-CEPA and communicate activities and outcomes.
To access the Terms of Reference detailing the role, responsibilities and selection criteria for this position, please copy and paste this link into a web browser: https://www.cardno.com/media/7022/tor-market-access-technical-lead-final.pdf
You will be a motivated and proactive Market Access, Technical Lead with the right combination of talent, energy and a commitment to technical excellence. You will also have:
- Advanced qualifications in economics, trade, competition policy or related areas.
- At least 10 years’ experience in, and significant technical knowledge of trade, investment, services, trade facilitation and other technical matters in preferential trade agreements
- Demonstrated capacity to deliver trade and investment reform, with knowledge and experience of Indonesia’s trade, investment and business climate desirable.
- Strong project management skills and experience in the practical planning, budgeting and executing of complex change activities.
- Performance and human resources management within a team with diverse skills and experience levels.
- Strong relationship management skills, particularly in dealing with senior government officials, and ability to operate effectively and sensitively in a cross-cultural environment.
- High-level communication skills (verbal, written and presentational) in English, with language skills in Bahasa Indonesia desirable but not essential.
How to Apply?
We welcome your interest in joining the ECP Collaborative Hub team. Please click on this link to access the role: https://bit.ly/2Oeq0uu or click ‘apply’ and submit your CV including a cover letter that addresses the selection criteria (no more than two pages). Kindly note that applications that do not include a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria will not be considered. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Cardno provides equal employment opportunities. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities.
Applications must be submitted by 27 March 2021, 5 PM (AEDT).
About the Organization
Cardno is committed to Safety and the Prevention of Sexual Abuse, Exploitation and Harassment (PSEAH), Child Protection, Fraud and Bribery prevention. We want to engage with the right people to deliver our client programs. As part of our approach you will be subjected to formal background screening, criminal record checks, employment verification, and periodic compliance checks. All Cardno staff receive safety, compliance and safeguards training and are responsible for contributing to a safer working culture.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "ECP – Market Access, Technical Lead” in your email subject line. Please use provided application platform to send your CV and cover letter.