- Collaborate with QED’s Business Development and Technical teams to develop proposal drafts and to edit each proposal to ensure strategy, win themes, and differentiators are reflected in the narrative
- Serve as an integrating writer for technical narratives split amongst multiple authors, as needed
- Provide ongoing review of the technical narrative – including between color team reviews - to edit and refine the “flow” and “voice” of the document and provide recommendations on expanding, refining and/or trimming content as needed
- Perform pre-submission copy editing of the Technical and Business Proposals to ensure high-quality writing, consistent formatting, and compliance with the RFP’s requirements, to include spelling, grammar, punctuation, syntax, font size, type, and page limitations.
- Collaborate with Proposal Managers to develop and implement final changes to the proposal during the production phase
Technical Writing and Strategic Communications Support
- Copy and content edit reports, briefs, manuals, and other technical products or deliverables, aligning with project/client needs, paying close attention to flow, spelling, grammar, mechanics, punctuation, sentence structure, consistency, and accuracy
- Collaborate with authors and technical staff on revisions, offering thoughtful feedback
- Author original content for publication contributing to corporate thought leadership or marketing purposes
- Provide editing support for corporate or internal documents, as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, International Development, or a related field of study
- Minimum five years of related experience working as a technical editor in the field of international development
- Familiarity with editing business proposals
- Highly skilled and detail-oriented copy and content editor
- Effective organizational skills, including the ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to write and process information under deadlines
- Strong researching, writing, reporting, editing, and proofreading skills
- Proficiency in grammar and AP style
- Excellent English language writing and communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and other relevant applications
- Excellent interpersonal skills
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Masters’ degree in English, Communications, International Relations/Affairs or similar disciplines
- Specialized training or certification in proposal management and/or equivalent experience is desired.
- Substantive knowledge of USAID and its procurement processes and requirements
- Experience using Adobe Photoshop, CMS, and web publishing tools
- Proficiency or fluency in French, Spanish, Arabic, or other foreign language helpful
About the Organization
The QED Group, LLC, is a full-service international consulting firm committed to solving complex global challenges through innovative solutions. QED has a 20 years history of evidence based development, which includes more than $3.5 billion in programs evaluated and work in 96 countries around the globe. We are determined to provide all our clients with best-value services so they increase their efficiency, learning capacity, and accountability to the public in an ever more complex and interconnected world.
The Editor/Technical Writer supports QED’s mission and business objectives by leading the editing and writing of various products across the Company. This includes editing written client deliverables and business development proposals, and authoring/writing pieces for proposals or other Company purposes, such as thought leadership or marketing. The Editor/Technical Writer is an in-house expert in their subject area and collaborates with teams across the Company.