General call for EU culture, education and training, media, sport and youth experts
- Coffey is seeking to strengthen our pool of EU policy experts, covering culture and media, sport, education and training, and youth policies to work with on designing and delivering evaluations and research studies to meet the objectives of our EU clients.
- Various projects and programmes.
- 28 EU countries.
Coffey has extensive experience in delivering EU evaluation projects and research studies on behalf of multiple European Commission Directorate-Generals and EU institutions. We are regularly bidding for assignments and are looking to build a pool of senior independent consultants with expertise in EU Education and Culture policies to deliver evaluations and research studies.
The positions will vary. These are likely to include:
- Short term positions to support on business opportunities. Tasks may include scoping evaluation and research design for policies under DG Education, Youth Sport and Culture, and support on drafting proposals;
- Positions on existing evaluations, such as general technical and monitoring & evaluation advisors;
- Short-term positions on specific pieces of work related to EU policies;
- Long-term positions such as technical leads, output leads and embedded advisors to deliver evaluations, impact assessments, monitoring, implementation assessment and other related services.
Applicants need to be familiar in working with the EU institutions and agencies, in one or more of the following fields: culture and media, sport, education and training, youth. The exact specifications will vary depending on what positions become available. Useful skills are likely to include:
- A Master’s degree in EU affairs, economics, statistics, social sciences or one of the fields listed above;
- Extensive expertise in EU policies in the fields of culture and media, sport, education and training, youth;
- Strong monitoring and evaluation experience of policies and programmes in the EU setting;
- Strong track record of engagement with European Commission DGs and agencies, in particular DG Education, Youth, Sport and Culture, Audio-visual and Culture Executive Agency.
- Strong background in EU policies including but not limited to topics such as: Erasmus+, creative Europe programme, policies towards cultural and creative sectors, activities related to the European sport, lifelong learning and mobility, vocational education and training, the quality and efficiency of education, the Bologna process and higher education, other EU activities addressing the youth.
- Excellent skills in data analysis and report writing in English (level C1 or higher).
Applications close: 01 February 2020
Coffey has robust policies and guidelines which exemplify our commitment to safeguarding and technical excellence in gender equality. Our team of dedicated GEDSI advisers work closely with our staff and partners to ensure a context-specific and consistent approach is applied to all of our programmes to improve the livelihoods of the world’s most marginalised groups.
About the Organization
Coffey has a 40-year history in successfully delivering projects in international development and a wide range of other policy areas on behalf of donors right around the world. Coffey provides support to the EU institutions, delivering a wide range of evaluation, impact assessment and monitoring services, many of these contracts are led by our EU team in Warsaw.