Nascent Solutions is seeking a qualified and committed professional to lead the Education and Literacy portfolio of the organization. The incumbent will provide technical input on education strategy and inclusive leadership in the implementation, prioritization, and selection of opportunities to maintain and expand the company portfolio and services that improve education outcomes. He/she will be a vital member of the technical team, and will assist in shaping the department’s mission, vision, and goals. The candidate will also contribute to new business development by anticipating and planning for new opportunities, overseeing partner selection and maintaining healthy relationships with donors. In addition, the candidate will drive thought leadership efforts to ensure the company is recognized for important contributions within the practice area.
Nascent is US-based international development nonprofit founded in 2004 with a mission to harness the creative entrepreneurial skills of target beneficiaries and strengthen their capacity to champion the development agenda of their communities. In the last 16 years, Nascent has mobilized resources and implemented programs in food security, nutrition, education, and maternal and child health, impacting the lives of over 10 million people in several African countries. For more details, check www.nascents.org.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
· Serve as education subject matter expert during new business development activities, including proposal writing
· Lead the design, development and implementation of education and literacy components of the organization’s portfolio
· Collaborate with all technical staff to ensure education interests are closely integrated with other project activities such as health, nutrition, and WASH activities
· Support professional development of program teachers
· Provide technical support on programmatic effectiveness and prepare high-quality project deliverables including but not limited to quarterly, semiannual, and annual reports, as well as other donor-required deliverables with input from program staff in the field
· Liaise with various teams (administrators, teachers, and grade-level coordinators) to facilitate analysis of data provided by outcomes, common evaluations, and formative assessments
· Serve as a communication conduit for portfolio-related status, actions, decisions, risks, issues, and schedules for strategic initiatives that relate to education programming
· Partner with colleagues as well as regional and country office leadership to identify and mitigate issues; ensure compliance with organizational and donor policies and procedures; and ensure relevant strategies are implemented with fidelity
· Ensure collaboration across departments and country offices to design and deliver programs and services that meet or exceed best and high-impact practice standards
· A Master’s degree in education and/or equivalent in international relations, child development or related field
· A minimum of 5 years of experience designing and implementing international development programs with demonstrated expertise in education and literacy
· Ability to effectively negotiate with prospective donors as well as develop and write detailed technical project proposals that meet donor and budget requirements
· Knowledge and practical experience with Early Grade Reading Assessment (EGRA) preferred
· Experience in promoting and mainstreaming gender and child rights in education program design, implementation, and evaluation
· Knowledge of US government award mechanisms, financial policies and guidelines and procurement rules and regulations
· A consultative approach to building of national staff and an ability to effectively coordinate with partners, government, local NGOs, and communities on initiatives
· Strong research background or experience managing large-scale research studies is highly valued
· An eye for detail along with critical thinking and ability to multitask while prioritizing is key
· Exceptional time management skills with the ability to deliver under tight deadlines
· Readiness to undertake a broad range of tasks as necessary
· Ability and willingness to travel 15% of the time
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and salary expectations to email@example.com no later than January 15, 2021. Please include “Education and Literacy Specialist” in the email subject line. Current work authorization in the United States is required.
About the Organization
About Nascent Solutions
Nascent offers employees a competitive compensation package, including health insurance, paid vacation, 401(k) and a professional development stipend. Nascent provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.