Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
The purpose of the Education Support Initiative is to recruit, hire and maintain technical, professional, operational, and support staff that supply services to the United States Agency for International Development’s (USAID) Education Office and education sector. It includes full-time positions as well as short- and medium-term consultants.
Through Dexis Consulting Group, USAID/India is seeking an education consultant to provide high-level, country and context-specific guidance, analysis and writing for the design of a new education portfolio. This follows the drafting of a new Country Development Cooperation Strategy and an increase in expected annual funding.
- Cultivating and consulting with a network of high-level education stakeholders and contacts, from government (both state and federal) institutions, foundations, NGOs, the private sector, and other multilateral donors or sources of funding.
- Consulting with staff from USAID/India’s Office of Social Sector Initiatives (OSSI) and Center for Innovations and Partnership (CIP) offices, USAID/Washington’s Bureau for Asia’s Technical Services (TS) office, and reading and early learning specialists in USAID/Washington’s Bureau for Economic Growth, Education, and Environment’s (E3/Ed) Office of Education (E3/Ed)
- Convening these contacts as appropriate for consultation on the creation, execution, and evaluation of USAID/India’s new education portfolio.
- Co-lead with staff from USAID/India and/or TS or E3/Ed the co-creation processes for the new education portfolio with input and participation from OSSI, CIP, TS, and E3/Ed
- Supporting and developing the generation of ideas for the use of innovative financing in the new education portfolio in consultation with CIP
- Liaising with staff from OSSI, CIP, TS, and E3/Ed to shape and structure the new education portfolio
- Summarizing and reporting on the progress and results of the design of the new education portfolio to USAID/India, TS, and E3/Ed
- From reports on the progress of the development of the new education portfolio, develop draft SOWs that can be used by USAID/India for future strategic, clearance and/or procurement documents. Liaising with OSSI on the draft documents.
- As needed, travel within India to accomplish the above.
- Master’s degree in a field relevant to development assistance, such as education, public or business administration, social sciences, political science, demography, or sociology
- Minimum ten (10) years of professional experience, the majority of which spent working with/for USAID
- Distinct understanding of the education sector in India and knowledge of USAID’s history of working in this sector
- Established relationship with key stakeholders in-country, and understanding of stakeholder relationships with Washington, DC counterparts, preferred
- Advanced knowledge of current trends in the Indian education sector.
- High degree of proficiency in both written and spoken English and Hindi.
About the Organization
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a "find a way or make a way" business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes "all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by clicking the apply for this job online button.
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.