Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
About the Position
Dexis Consulting Group is recruiting for an Education Evidence Utilization Specialist who will be embedded within USAID’s Office of Education and support specifically the Evidence Team.
The Evidence Utilization Specialist will sit on the Evidence Team within the Education Policy and Planning Division, Office of Education, Bureau for Economic Growth, Education, and Environment (E3/ED/EPP). They will report directly to the Evidence Team Lead.
The Evidence Team provides technical leadership to promote the use of evidence and data to achieve sustainable results in education. The team promotes a culture cognizant of the relationship between evidence and programming, facilitates connecting stakeholders with the right tools and resources at the right time, develops tools and resources to address unmet needs, and shapes systems to incentivize the use of data and evidence.
The Evidence Utilization Specialist will lead efforts to more systematically encourage and support USAID education practitioners, primarily at USAID missions, to incorporate evidence best practices in their programming. They will build relationships and networks across USAID Washington stakeholders (e.g. Office of Education, Regional Bureau technical and program offices, the Bureau for Policy and Planning) to coordinate the mobilization of best practices and resources specific to education. They will serve as a nexus between evidence practitioners in Washington and at Missions in order to ensure that Missions are actively connected with relevant resources when they need them. They will coordinate the development of remote and in-person efforts to engage education practitioners on best practices in the generation and use of evidence.
The incumbent will work in close coordination with USAID/Washington subject-matter experts to identify the technical contents and resources to be advanced. The incumbent will work in close coordination with USAID/Washington Knowledge Management, Communications, and Professional Development experts to ensure that their work aligns with best practices in these areas. The incumbent may provide support, advice, and recommendations to Contracting Officer’s Representatives (CORs) and Agreement Officer’s Representatives (AORs) regarding work performed by other USAID implementing partners.
- Coordinate the development of strategic approaches to address Mission needs regarding data and evidence for education programming;
- Coordinate the implementation of strategic approaches to address Mission needs regarding data and evidence for education programming. Depending on the strategic approaches identified, this may include directly developing and delivering webinars, in-person training, communication campaigns, written materials, convening working groups. This may also include working with USAID staff and other contractors to coordinate this work.
- Monitor USAID Mission practices and Mission demand for support regarding the generation and use of evidence in education programming;
- Monitor Mission Program and Evaluation cycles and coordinate engagement by USAID technical staff at optimal points in Mission planning processes;
- Build a network USAID/Washington evidence stakeholders to coordinate the mobilization of best practices and resources relevant to education;
- Build awareness of, and encourage the use of existing data and evidence resources; Help technical and functional matter experts understand and respond to Mission demand for resources.
- Ability to obtain a secret security clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least ten (10) years of relevant professional experience OR a Master’s degree and at least eight (8) years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience designing and executing Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, and Learning activities relevant to USAID Education priorities is required.
- Experience with quantitative approaches to measuring outcomes and outputs associated with USAID Education strategic priorities is strongly desired;
- Experience, or enthusiasm to build experience in the functional areas of adult professional development, knowledge management, and communications is strongly desired;
- Familiarity with USAID monitoring, evaluation, research and learning policies and procedures is strongly desired;
- Demonstrated ability to translate and communicate complex technical issues to generalist audiences is strongly desired;
- Demonstrated ability to work diplomatically and collaboratively, build consensus, and bridge diverse perspectives and interests is desired.
About the Organization
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a "find a way or make a way" business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes "all in.” How will you?
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.