*Preferred position location: Dubai, United Emirates. Other locations to be determined by home country of successful candidate in a jurisdiction (US state or country) where WVI is registered to operate.
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development, and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world.
Founded over 65 years ago and now working in nearly 100 countries, World Vision implements disaster preparedness programmes and helps build resilient communities. Our Disaster Management team acts to save lives and alleviate suffering of crises-affected people by implementing sustainable programmes focused on meeting immediate and long-term needs.
Here’s where you come in:
As, Education in Emergency Specialist you will contribute to lead partnership-wide thinking around Education in Emergencies (EiE), this includes strategy development and dissemination, quality program design and development and testing of tools that can be used in the field, improving operational systems, internal capacity building (including mentoring staff trained in EiE) and research on Education in Emergencies and strengthen integration within Disaster Management around our Education and life skills (EdLS) and child focus programming. You will enable World Vision to work towards better programming for most vulnerable children especially some of the worlds out of school children, many who are found in countries affected by conflict, natural disaster or adversity or in fragile contexts.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in an education or relevant social sciences field or substantial field/practical experience working in education in emergency situations.
- 5 years’ experience working in the area of Education in emergencies or with children at risk.
- 3 years international experience working in humanitarian settings or fragile contexts.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English.
- Understanding of humanitarian system including coordination mechanisms, humanitarian competencies and standards (Sphere, Child Protection guidelines, INEE standards, HAP etc).
- International development, Humanitarian Law or Conflict studies and advantage.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 50% of the time.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 03 JUL 2019. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.