Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
About the Position
Dexis Consulting Group is recruiting for a Professional Development and Training Specialist that will be embedded within USAID’s Office of Education (ED) within the Bureau for Education, Environment, and Economic Growth (E3). The position will sit on the Office’s Program Team and be supervised by the Program Team Lead. He or she will work with members of the Program Team, other teams at USAID, and external partners to manage and coordinate professional development and training opportunities for the entire USAID education sector as part of a spectrum of continuous learning.
USAID’s Office of Education (ED) in the Bureau for Economic Growth, Education, and Environment (E3) supports the implementation of the U.S. Strategy for International Basic Education and the USAID Education Policy. The Policy lays out the following priority areas:
- Children and youth, particularly the most marginalized and vulnerable, have increased access to quality education that is safe, relevant, and promotes social well-being.
- Children and youth gain literacy, numeracy, and social-emotional skills that are foundational to future learning and success.
- Youth gain the skills they need to lead productive lives, gain employment, and positively contribute to society.
- Higher education institutions have the capacity to be central actors in development by conducting and applying research, delivering quality education, and engaging with communities.
The Professional Development and Training Specialist will be responsible for leading a strategic approach to the training and professional development of USAID’s education sector (i.e. Washington and field-based staff and new education Foreign Service officers), managing contractors to implement training activities, and coordinating training and professional development across the sector. A key aspect of this role will include working with subject matter experts, senior management, and the knowledge management specialist to develop and/or update a comprehensive training and professional development strategy and an annual education sector professional development plan. The Professional Development & Training Specialist will act as Activity Manager and coordinator of professional development activities under one of the Education Office’s support contracts, providing technical leadership, project management, and quality control. In this way, the Specialist will serve as an in-house advisor across activities, bringing a depth of experience in adult learning approaches, in-person and virtual facilitation techniques, peer-to-peer exchange, virtual learning platforms, and other cutting-edge practice.
- Serves as Activity Manager of Professional Development and Training under relevant contracts. Key responsibilities include overseeing the planning, implementation and monitoring and evaluation of training activities and collaborating with other Activity Managers on related activities.
- Leads the development and implementation of a professional development strategy. Takes a holistic view of professional development and training that fits within a spectrum of continuous learning for Washington and field-based staff. The strategy and associated plans will take into consideration a) feedback from the education sector to inform updates to the BS-60 (Education) USAID training competencies, b) professional development offerings by other E3/ED teams, USAID bureaus, and other donors and training providers; and c) methods to peer-to-peer exchange across time and space.
- Facilitates sector-wide consultations through the Professional Development Working Group to prioritize and plan for annual professional development plans and track activities implemented by a variety of partners.
- Coordinates closely with subject matter experts to inform high-quality course curriculum based on target audience need.
- Identifies and experiments with innovative approaches to instructional design and facilitation.
- Uses basic understanding of online learning principles to adapt elements of in-person trainings to virtual audiences.
- Coordinates with the Knowledge Management specialist to ensure training materials are captured and re-packaged to extend their value beyond the immediate training beneficiaries
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or a related degree strongly desired; Master’s degree in Education or a related field strongly required.
- Minimum of 5 years related professional experience required; 10 years of related professional experience strongly desired.
- Previous experience overseeing the execution of professional development strategies, including managing against clear objectives, tracking milestones, communicating progress, and evaluating work against shifting priorities.
- Previous experience reviewing training/course materials, facilitation guides, and technology integration required.
- Previous experience supervising or administering training programs, including evaluation, required.
- Strong familiarity and application of instructional design principles strongly encouraged.
- Experience managing service delivery contracts desired.
- Demonstrated commitment to producing outstanding work that balances the need to provide customer service as well as efficiency in keeping processes moving.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; able to successfully and effectively liaise with people within and across departments in a multi-cultural environment; confident communicator that can drive consensus-based decisions
- Ability to work independently, resourcefully and to own initiative, with flexibility to changing priorities and an eagerness to learn under pressure.
- Previous experience working on international education development programs strongly desired.
- Overseas experience in a developing country preferred.
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a “find a way or make a way” business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes “all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by clicking the apply for this job online button.
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.