Resonance is recruiting for an Education Specialist for a consultancy to conduct a final performance evaluation in Latin America/Caribbean (LAC) region. The evaluation will provide answers to key questions that will facilitate a technically strong program closeout and inform future USAID LAC education programming. The assignment will include a combination of desk work, field work, field work, and remote work to develop the final report and recommendations. This will include a three-week assignment in the field, scheduled to take place in the fall of 2018.
• Support with the design of the methodology, and the in-country primary data collection to address gaps identified in the desktop research and document review;
• Participate in semi-structure Key-Informant Interviews or Focus Groups in Honduras & Nicaragua;
• Contribute to the analysis and synthesis of the data obtained during field work and secondary analysis to develop preliminary findings that will then be used to develop a final report;
• Identify key findings, conclusions, and recommendations to include in the final performance evaluation report.
• At least five years of experience working in the education sector in Honduras & Nicaragua;
• Proficient at reading and speaking Spanish, including specialized vocabulary related to public education;
• Familiarity with education system in Honduras & Nicaragua;
• Preferred familiarity in primary education, development, tracking of reading skills, bilingual education (indigenous languages and transition to second language), youth education, technical and/or vocational education and teacher training.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com. Please include “Education Specialist, Honduras & Nicaragua” in the email subject line, and save documents (cover letter, resume, and references) in one PDF as ‘Last Name_First Name.pdf’. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Organization
Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all.
Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results.
We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.