Education Technical Manager (Data Manager/Statistical Analyst)
The Education Technical Manager will provide leadership in data management and statistical analysis for MSI’s education projects, with primary responsibilities on a project supporting USAID’s Office of Education in Washington, DC with their global data. S/he will supervise data-related activities and collaborate with team members and consultants in the areas of assessment, evaluation, and research. Technical responsibilities will include developing and overseeing standard operating procedures to support data management, cleaning, and file preparation; preparing documentation, guidance notes, and training materials; conducting statistical analyses of education data; and overseeing/producing standard data tables, data briefs and other reports. Management responsibilities will include organizing work assignments, ensuring quality control, communicating with partner organizations, and responding to client needs. Business development responsibilities will include participating in bid/no-bid decisions, contributing to technical proposals, and supporting the recruitment of staff and consultants.
The Education Technical Manager will be based in MSI’s Arlington, Virginia headquarters office and will work together with staff in the U.S. and in overseas offices. S/he will report to the MSI Education Practice Area Lead and/or Education Technical Director. Current MSI education projects are in DRC, Lebanon, Morocco, Pakistan, Senegal, South Sudan, Thailand, Zambia and Washington, DC. Clients include USAID, DFID, UNICEF, UIS, World Bank, and private foundations.
- Direct and coordinate data-related aspects of education projects, including data management and statistical analysis
- Develop and oversee standard operating procedures to support data management, cleaning, and file preparation
- Follow USAID policy and objectives in managing data and conducting analyses
- Import data collected in the field into statistical software and organize the production of clean data files
- Create data tables and collaborate on the preparation of technical reports, presentations, and dissemination materials
- Collaborate with colleagues to meet timelines and submit deliverables as specified in work plans
- Liaise with donors and implementing partners, as required, on data management, analysis, and reporting
- Participate in reviews of new business opportunities and serve as a co-writer/reviewer on proposals
- Minimum master’s degree in education, statistics, psychology, or related area
- Minimum 10 years of progressive work experience in national and/or international education settings
- Expertise in evaluation, research and data analysis; education sector experience preferred
- Substantial experience managing large datasets, including implementing protocols and developing documentation
- Familiarity with USAID data systems, including the Data Development Library (DDL), and policies preferred
- Experience managing technical aspects of projects, from work planning to implementation and reporting
- Use of statistical software such as Stata and/or SPSS to manage, process, and analyze education data
- Ability to work with teams of technical directors, managers, and associates, along with project managers
- Proven success with donor agencies and governments in meeting targets and fulfilling contractual requirements
- Excellent writing, analytical, speaking, and communication ability in English; skills in other languages preferred
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.