Experience Papua New Guinea while providing education technology oversight across all in-country education programs. You will define strategic direction and ensure high-quality education programming which supports all Papua New Guinea communities and commits Save the Children to be a platform for transformative and lasting change for children, their families and their communities.
Save the Children is no ordinary not-for-profit.
We’re ambitious, creative and outspoken. We stand up for children’s rights. We want all children to be educated, healthy and live a life free from violence. We run programs in Papua New Guinea and overseas and, if there’s a disaster - like an earthquake, drought or conflict - we are there on the ground.
Where you come in:
In this unaccompanied 1-year fixed-term opportunity, based in Port Moresby, you will lead the technical oversight of PNG digital learning programs and ensure the successful delivery of education technology projects. You will work on gathering and synthesis of information in PNG to inform education technology business. You’ll work with the Senior Management Team and report to the Director, Program Development and Quality.
You will make an impact by:
* Identifying opportunities to grow and strengthen the digital education portfolio in PNG
* Supporting and monitoring the strategic direction of digital education programs
* Representing Save the Children to the international digital education community including donors, governments, partners, and NGOs
* Supporting the development and implementation of MEAL activities including communicating impact and lessons learned from digital education program
* Providing digital education technical expertise to support strategic planning, program development, and program quality
If we could compose the perfect you…
You are a patient and pragmatic education practitioner who has highly developed interpersonal skills and cultural awareness. Effectively communicating and engaging with diverse populations, you can influence positively-tense situations to enable successful solutions. Persistence, focus, initiative and passion see you achieve objectives in difficult circumstances. Your development experience at a country level will see you channel your expertise to the betterment of children and families.
This role requires:
* Masters/Advanced Degree in Education and Development or related field
* Technical training in digital technology application in education
* 5+ years of professional experience in using technology in education program design and implementation or related development programming
* Demonstrated knowledge of global digital education trends, programs, policies and proficiency in using a range of digital education tools
* Experience in using digital technology to administer early grade literacy assessment and familiarisation of various tools such as IDELA, EGRA, and EGMA
Working at Save the Children is more than just a job.
It’s the feeling of knowing that your work is contributing to making the world a better place for children and working with others who feel the same.
In addition to a connection to social causes, you will have access to:
* Accommodation + basic utilities (unaccompanied position)
* Mobilization and demobilization support
* Health insurance
* Annual leave return flights
* A friendly and supportive work environment
We’d love to hear from you. Submit your cover letter and resume by clicking on one of the buttons in the ‘Apply’ section.
Applications close 4pm Monday 17 February 2020
Position Description - Education Technology Advisor
At Save the Children, we seek a workforce that is as diverse as our society - in race, ethnicity, gender, age, sexuality, cultures and beliefs - and reflects the communities we work in. We believe diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our culture and core values and we demonstrate this commitment through all our employment practices. Our inclusive workplace culture contributes to making Save the Children a great place to work.
As part of the selection process, you may be required to undergo a pre-employment medical assessment and psychometric assessment to help us determine your suitability for the role.
Save the Children Australia is a child-safe organisation. All employees are required to undergo a National Police Check, a Working with Children Check where necessary, and sign our Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct.
Please note, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the position may be filled prior to the listed closing date if our preferred candidate is identified early.
About the Organization
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We are working hand in hand with our supporters to create a world in which every child has a healthy, happy and safe childhood. We believe that every child should have the opportunity to learn and has a voice to speak for themselves.
OUR VISION is a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation.
OUR PURPOSE is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. Save the Children manages and implements programs designed to save and improve the lives of the world's most disadvantaged and vulnerable children. We have programs running all across Australia and have offices and staff in each State and Territory. Globally, we also work in over 120 countries. Each year Save the Children touches the lives of over 80 million children.