Sustaining Health Outcomes through the Private Sector (SHOPS) Plus Nigeria is a multi-year approach to increase contraceptive use among couples of reproductive age, including long-acting reversible contraception (LARC) in Plateau and Akwa Ibom states. The project’s approach is to build the capacity of public and private providers through in-service training and to improve the quality of family planning (FP) counseling and service delivery. The SHOPS Plus Nigeria approach is building on the lessons learned from predecessor projects working on FP.
The SHOPS Plus approach is designed to address provider-side barriers to FP by organizing its activities under two intermediate results (IRs):
• IR 1: Increased capability of public and private health providers to deliver quality FP services, including LARC
• IR 2: Improved quality of FP counseling and service delivery by public and private providers
SHOPS Plus is implementing interventions in pursuit of these IRs that enhance the existing provider training system by making it more user-friendly and attentive to underlying factors like gender dynamics and provider bias. These interventions will support improvements in provider attitudes and clinical skills. To maintain these provider improvements, SHOPS Plus is working to enrich and strengthen the supportive supervision and the complementary systems that promote quality improvement including data management for decision-making.
As the project is ending, state governments are adopting the SHOPS Plus approach to training and are organizing modular trainings to increase the number of qualified FP service providers in their respective states. To support trainers in this endeavor, SHOPS Plus seeks to hire a specialist in educational videos to shoot, edit, and complete video montage of training videos in three specific training topics for FP service delivery:
1- Constructive feedback
2- Handling Performance Problems
3- Developing a Performance Improvement Action Plan
The objectives of the consultancy are primarily to provide assistance and technical expertise to the SHOPS Plus Project to develop educational videos that will be shared with state officials and any other interested partner to carry out full or modular trainings using the SHOPS Plus approach. Due to COVID-19 and restrictions in travel, the video specialist will need to provide the following support to achieve the goals of this mission:
· Provide remote training and coaching to participants in the videos
· Provide remote directions on how to produce the videos
· Provide alternative computer software to use in case phones and digital cameras do not work
Roles and Responsibilities
The consultant will work closely with the SHOPS Plus team to implement the following activities:
A. Before filming
- Storyboard video content, determine who will be involved, and over what timeframe
- Research and conduct training on any new and improved learning technologies that would ensure more efficient video filming remotely or final product
- Organize activities and logistics for filming
B. During filming
- Provide technical assistance for video-taping with SHOPS Plus colleagues
- Record the videos
- Conduct interviews with subject matter personnel/SHOPS Plus personnel
C. After filming
- Assemble footage
- Review and edit footage
- Finalize videos in one of the following formats based on the ease of access for online viewing and also for sharing: MOV, MPEG4, MP4, AVI, WMV
Note: the finished product must adhere to the project’s brand guidelines
Deliverables of the Consultancy
- Technical assistance plan for video participants.
- 2-3 complete educational videos the combination of which will cover all the topics listed:
1. Constructive feedback
2. Handling Performance Problems
3. Developing a Performance Improvement Action Plan
- Share original video files in the formats mentioned above for online viewing and sharing purposes
The consultant will work in collaboration with the SHOPS Plus state teams to deliver the objectives. However, to ensure quality assurance and timeliness, the deliverables will be reviewed by the FP Quality Improvement Specialist and the ACNM training consultant and receive feedback.
LOE and Timelines
Twenty (20) days will be required for this assignment, to be executed from May 27, 2020 – June 19, 2020. The tasks to be conducted within this timeline are described in the table below
1. Video shooting preparation – LOE 3
2. Remote support for video shooting – LOE 5
3. Video editing and montage – LOE 12
Total (days)/LOE - 20
Skills and Expertise Required
The consultants should possess the following:
· 7-10 years in online education media production
· Masters degree in communications (with a focus on digital) and/or any other area related to film/video production
· Knowledge of Family planning.
· Experience in designing educational materials and delivering interactive trainings.
Functional Skills and Knowledge:
· Demonstrated experience developing high-quality, academically rigorous online and video learning materials.
· Strong background in video editing and production.
· Strong knowledge of interactive training skills.
· Ability to train participants and produce videos via online interactions.
If interested please apply by Friday, May 22, 2020. To apply, please email your CV to email@example.com.