Admin and Finance Coordinator Farmer to Farmer FSQ
**Women are strongly encouraged to apply**
Project Description: Land O’Lakes International Development is anticipating the award of a new Farmer-to-Farmer (F2F) Program in Food Safety and Quality (FSQ) in Egypt, Bangladesh and Lebanon. Building off a 90-year history as one of the United States’ largest, quality-driven food companies, the F2F FSQ program will focus volunteer efforts on increasing productivity and profitability in the agricultural sector by addressing issues of food safety and quality from “field to fork” across a variety of crop and animal agricultural value chains.
Position Summary and Primary Responsibilities: The Admin and Finance Coordinator is responsible for performing reception duties, providing general administrative support, and bookkeeping for the office as well as volunteer logistics including arranging domestic air tickets, ground travel and lodging.
Primary responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to the following:
Volunteer Logistics (30%)
• Coordinate and communicate frequently with the US-based project and field teams to ensure a common understanding of each volunteer schedule and the logistics needed for each assignment
• Arrange all volunteer in-country lodging and transportations (air & ground) to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for volunteers
• Ensure all policies and procedures are in place for authorizations for travel
• Ensure safety and security of the volunteers in coordination with host organizations
• Maintain liaison with the government line departments for issuance of entry visa on arrival and security assurance for in-country travels for the volunteers
• Ensure timely airport pickup and drop-off facilities for the volunteers
General Administrative (35%)
• Maintain in-country registration and local tax documents in coordination with the Country Director
• Manage and maintain all project documentation in office files and on Land O’Lakes online systems
• Set up and maintain office filing systems
• Provide general office logistical management and support
• Manage office resources and scheduling
• Perform such administrative tasks as: making arrangements for meetings, drafting routine correspondence, typing and formatting reports and other documents, and routing correspondence to relevant program staff
• Prepare purchase requisitions, vouchers and writing checks
• Make sure utility, internet, mobile bills are up to date and reconciled properly
• Make sure office equipment, supplies and stationery are always in stock and safeguarded
• Maintain registers like staff leave, letter in & out, visitors etc.
• Process in-country transactions and assistance with general finance and budgeting for the program
• Liaise with Land O’Lakes operational functions including Finance and Accounting and Operations for smooth program implementation, and accurate bookkeeping
• Prepare monthly payroll for all staff with calculation of staff benefits, pension funds
• Submit salary deductions/ Income Tax to the relevant authorities on a monthly basis
• Prepare month end financial reports and send to Land O’Lakes HQ office in Minnesota for processing
• Ensure Land O’Lakes is fully compliant with all the relevant government authorities
• Assist in the management and reconciliation of LOL bank accounts
• Maintain the office petty cash, advance payment and other related records
• Prepare payments, vouchers, and ensuring that all supporting documents are included in accordance with Land O’Lakes and donor policies and procedures
• Prepare monthly VAT report and ensure government taxes are deducted and deposited
• Prepare bid summary, purchase/work order as per the Land O Lakes procurement policies and procedures
• Assist to facilitate audit and home office internal reviewer, prepare and submit audit response
Reporting & Supervision:
Position reports to the Country Director.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• At least a bachelor degree in accounting or commerce or equivalent
• Four years’ experience in general admin & logistics and three years’ experience in finance & bookkeeping
• Prior experience in administering staff benefits, pension funds, payroll, etc.
• Ability to coordinate, collaborate, and negotiate with clients, host government officials, NGOs, sub-grantees in implementing project activities
• Ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor tasks
• Good time management and willingness to work occasional long hours and travel to the field as required
• Ability to work in a team as a good communicator
• Individual also should be a person who can take initiative in resolving difficulties
• Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
• Fluent in spoken and written English and Arabic
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
• Previous experience in similar post desirable
• Experience with CostPoint, SharePoint and/or award management systems
• Prior international donor experience is strongly preferred.
How to apply:
Qualified applicants are requested to submit resumes as soon as possible through our jobs site . To apply, click on the green Apply Now on the job posting. Please provide all of the required data and submit a resume and cover letter to be considered. You will be contacted, if considered for this position or if additional information is needed. Thank you for your interest.
Please note only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls please.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Land O’Lakes enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce.
About the Organization
Land O'Lakes International Development is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit helping communities around the world build economies by strengthening agriculture from farm-to-fork, helping businesses grow, and linking farmers to markets. Since our start in 1981, we have been leveraging nearly 100 years of expertise in dairy, animal nutrition, crop inputs and agricultural insights from our close affiliate, Land O’Lakes, Inc., a farmer-owned agribusiness committed to fulfilling its purpose of feeding human progress.
Our team is made up of nearly 350 employees who are committed to market-led approaches, and passionate about collaborating locally to create lasting inclusive economic growth. By unlocking the potential of agriculture for the last 36 years, the lives of more than 3 million people have been transformed through nearly 300 programs in more than 80 countries.