EnCompass LLC is seeking an Evaluation Specialists for an upcoming United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Egypt-funded evaluation of a performance management and learning project. The Evaluation Specialist will guide the design and implementation of the evaluation. The Evaluation Specialists should have experience working in performance management, strategic decision-making, and project learning, preferably in the USAID context, and strong evaluation design experience.
The position is based at EnCompass headquarters, in Rockville, MD, with likely travel to Egypt.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Essential functions include:
- Provide subject matter and technical expertise
- Develop data collection instruments and processes, supervises data management, conducts interviews, reviews and synthesizes documents and analyzes data
- Prepare high quality reports and technical resources (may include publishing or presenting significant work)
- Conduct field work to collect data, train data collectors, and facilitate presentation of results
- Minimum of Master’s degree and four years’ experience or PhD and two years’ experience in evaluation, program management, or a related field
- Minimum of 5 (five) years of experience conducting research and analysis in areas such as agriculture, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, gender, or health
Experience and Skills
- Strong understanding of data collection and analysis methodologies
- Demonstrated experience leading multi-sector sector evaluation/analytics, using both quantitative and qualitative methods
- Excellent skills in planning, facilitation, and consensus building
- Advanced interpersonal skills, including experience successfully interacting with host government officials, civil society partners, and other stakeholders
- Excellent skills in project management, leadership, teamwork, and teambuilding
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to keep to a timeline
- Good writing skills, with extensive report writing experience
- Excellent communications, both oral and writing
- English fluency required; Egyptian Arabic proficiency preferred
- Familiarity with USAID’s monitoring and evaluation policy, particularly ADS 201, and experience working on USAID programming is highly prioritized.
How to Apply
Please submit CV and cover letter to https://encompassworld.com/work-with-us.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
About the Organization
EnCompass is a women-owned business offering innovative and customized solutions for leadership, capacity strengthening, technical assistance, and monitoring and evaluation. We have experience in more than 70 countries and a team of more than 100 staff and 1,200 experts around the globe.
We partner with government and multilateral agencies, nonprofit organizations, and corporations around the world, offering thought leadership, rich diversity, and technical expertise in global health, inclusive development, education, human rights, and food security.