Farmer to Farmer Food Safety & Quality
**Women are strongly encouraged to apply**
Land O’Lakes International Development is anticipating the award of a new Farmer-to-Farmer (F2F) Program in Food Safety and Quality (FSQ) in Egypt, Bangladesh and Lebanon. Building off a 90-year history as one of the United States’ largest, quality-driven food companies, the F2F FSQ program will focus volunteer efforts on increasing productivity and profitability in the agricultural sector by addressing issues of food safety and quality from “field to fork” across a variety of crop and animal agricultural value chains.
Position Summary and Primary Responsibilities:
The Field Coordinator will assist the Country Director in the implementation of the Farmer to Farmer Program in Egypt including communicating with key stakeholders in the sector, working to enhance the capacity of partner host organizations through targeted short-term technical assistance, liaising with the US-based home office team, supporting volunteer technical experts on short-term assignments; collecting critical programmatic M&E data; ensuring that the program is responding to the needs of other national and donor-funded agricultural development programming in country; and spreading the knowledge of US development efforts in country.
The main duties include but are not limited to the following:
Host organization relationship management (35%)
- Identify host organizations (public, private, associations, universities, research institutions, NGOs) and assess host needs and priorities
- Assist in developing host plans that include a sequenced pipeline of short-term volunteer assignments and milestones toward host goals
- Contribute to scope of work development for volunteer assignments;
- Follow up with host organizations to maximize the chances for success toward their goals and milestones
Volunteer Support (35%)
- Develop in-country schedule for volunteer assignments and facilitate communication between volunteer and host organization
-Support volunteer activities in the field, including escorting volunteers on field visits and language interpretation on site
- Coordinate with the government line departments for issuance of entry visa on arrival and security assurance for in-country travels for the volunteers
- Work in close coordination with other project teams to collect data for program and organizational indicators
- Lead the design and implementation processes of baseline study, evaluations, and other necessary surveys
- Prepare case studies, anecdotes, brochures, booklets and learning materials for wider dissemination - Respond to periodic donor and headquarters requests for additional information on project activities and results
- Work with Land O’Lakes International Development’s global MEL team on implementing global standard procedures, tools and systems
Home Office and Donor Laising (15%)
- Support the Country Director at official meetings with government, donor and other stakeholders
- Work with the LOL ID home office team to produce social media posts, other communications and donor reports
Reporting & Supervision:
This position reports to the Country Director.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
Local candidates with the minimum qualifications are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Master/Bachelor Degree or advanced diploma in food safety and quality, international development, agro-economics, agriculture, health, nutrition, business administration or related field;
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a business-related field, and 3 years experience managing monitoring, evaluation and learning activities, preferably for U.S. or other donor-funded development programs.
- Experience developing and conducting training, training of trainers, and organizational capacity building
- Good knowledge of MS Suite including Excel, Word, Powerpoint as well as experience with CRMs, BI tools and relational databases
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in relevant field desired but not required.
- Prior international donor experience is strongly preferred.
How to apply:
Qualified applicants are requested to submit resumes as soon as possible through our jobs site . To apply, click on the green Apply Now button on the job posting. Please provide all of the required data and submit a resume and cover letter to be considered. You will be contacted, if considered for this position or if additional information is needed. Thank you for your interest.
Please note only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls please.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Land O’Lakes enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce.