SCOPE OF WORK
Macro-Economic Stabilization and Reform (MESR) Activity
DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining technical excellence, professional project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS, avian influenza control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. Clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and host-country governments.
The Macro-Economic Stabilization and Reform (MESR) Activity will provide technical assistance, capacity building, and training to relevant stakeholders and counterparts in order to promote macroeconomic stability by improving the process of capital expenditure planning, control and monitoring; upgrading the effectiveness of public financial management; and developing skills for expanding public private dialogue to promote better policy and regulatory reforms addressing macroeconomic imbalances. Stakeholders and counterparts include the Ministry of Finance (MOF), the Ministry of Planning (MOP), business associations, other private sector representatives, as well as other GOE agencies and international organizations working in the area of macroeconomic stabilization.
Purpose: The Operations Specialist will support all project operations across grants, procurement, finance, and human resources. The Operations Specialist is responsible for facilitating the coordination of office management and Cairo office operations, working closely with the Director of Operations.
Responsibilities and Key Tasks:
The Operations Specialist will be responsible for the below tasks:
- Support recruitment of short and long term personnel through collection and verification of candidate documentation and conducting reference checks
- Maintain personnel records in accordance with DAI record retention and documentation requirements
- Liaise with local newspapers to place job vacancy announcements
- Participate in initial review of job applications and candidate shortlisting
- Support work permit requirements for expatriate staff
Logistics & Office Management
- Supervise the booking of travel and accommodation arrangements for traveling staff and consultants
- Manage time of project drivers, responding to internal travel requests as needed
- Audit vehicle log books
- Manage utilities service agreements for office operations
- Allocate and track staff cell phone top up cards on a monthly basis, and perform spot checks of usage as requested by the Director of Operations
- Maintain documentation on insurance, including office equipment and property
- Manage project inventory, ensuring regular physical audits are conducted and that that inventory is properly marked.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field
- 3+ years of relevant experience and progressive responsibility in office administration
- Minimum 1 years’ experience working in an administrative role for USAID funded projects preferred.
- Ability to respond effectively to time sensitive demands & inquiries
- Proficiency using Microsoft office suite, and other relevant software
- Demonstrated strong problem solving skills as well as exceptional customer relations (both internally & externally); provides sound business judgment and contractual oversight
- Excellent communications and personnel management skills and ability to relate to people at all levels of an organization and of different multi-cultural backgrounds
- Extremely well organized and self-directed individual
- Fluency in English is required
Location and Reporting:
The Operations Specialist will be based in Cairo, Egypt and will report to the Director of Operations.
Please send your CV to email@example.com with the subject line “Operations Specialist” by April 30, 2018. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.