QED is seeking a e-HIS Technology Lead for an anticipated USAID Ethiopia Health Information Systems (HIS) project. The expected purpose of the project is to improve the collection and use of high-quality routine information in the health sector and contribute to improved quality, efficiency and availability of primary health and nutrition services at all levels.
The e-HIS Technology Lead will provide technical, strategic advice and programmatic direction for the capacity building of government agencies in the development and implementation of HMIS aspects of the activity, for optimizing the generation, identification, collection, processing, storage, and dissemination of quality data and strategic information. The expert technical advice provided will be used to support the technical assistance, and political direction provided by the activity to key government and non-government partners. The e-HIS Technology Lead reports directly to the COP and will provide technical, strategic, and programmatic direction for the development and implementation of HMIS aspects of the award.
S/he will lead project activities related to and implementation organizations in data use, data systems architecture, and health information systems governance. S/He will provide technical and strategic direction, leadership, and management oversight to ensure transfer of knowledge and skills to stakeholders across the health system. S/He will coordinate and liaise with stakeholders, including government agencies, other donor-funded projects, implementing partners, USAID and other donors, and data consumers ensure capacity is strengthened.
- A Master’s degree in information science, data science, public health, statistics, health informatics, governance, international development, or a related field
- At least 8 years of experience in working with information systems management and design in the health field for international donor funded programs (USAID preferred)
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in the fields of capacity building and governance for information systems, and using DHIS2
- At least 4 years of experience at a managerial or advisor level, providing guidance and supervision in implementation of strategies or methods
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English, including evidence of quality report writing and presentations
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with quality products
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to conceive of, plan, and lead HMIS strengthening activities that address the unique challenges of the central, provincial, district, facility, and community levels
- Ability to provide high-level HMIS technical leadership to multiple government directorates to achieve results
- Ability to find creative solutions to HMIS challenges that are acutely sensitive to human and other resource constraints in the health sector
- Ability to serve as a liaison with USAID, FMOH, and other key stakeholders in support of the activity
- Ability to lead HMIS change management activities at all levels
- Strong training, communications and personnel management skills
- Out of the box thinker who can bring nontraditional ideas/solutions to project roadblocks
- Ethiopian national strongly preferred
- Fluency in English required; Fluency in Amharic preferred
About the Organization
The QED Group, LLC, is a full-service international consulting firm committed to solving complex global challenges through innovative solutions. QED has a 20 years history of evidence based development, which includes more than $3.5 billion in programs evaluated and work in 96 countries around the globe. We are determined to provide all our clients with best-value services so they increase their efficiency, learning capacity, and accountability to the public in an ever more complex and interconnected world.
The Director of Project Management is responsible for leading QED’s Project Management (PM) team and ensuring the successful implementation of all QED projects, including contractual, financial, and operational activities. The Director ensures that QED projects follow all applicable Company and client requirements, and continuously focuses on opportunities to improve internal operations and implement best practices. The Director of Project Management, reporting to the Executive Vice President, is a member of QED’s Management Committee and will work closely with other teams across the Company, including Finance & Accounting, Contracts & Compliance, Talent Acquisition, Human Resources, Communications, and Information Technology. The Director will also coordinate closely with the Technical Services team to ensure that all operational and technical elements of our programs are effectively managed. The Director will also coordinate with QED’s Business Development (BD) team to oversee the PM team’s support of BD activities.