RFQ Number: CRFQ-HQ-0194
Description: Elections Logistics and Operations Technical Advisor to the National Independent Election Commission (NIEC) of Somalia
RFQ Release Date: 5/30/19
RFQ Closing Date: 6/30/2019
RFQ Closing Time: 04:00PM Eastern Standard Time
Creative Associates seeks a consultant to provide technical expertise and advice for elections logistics and operations to the National Independent Election Commission (NIEC) of Somalia. The expert will provide technical outputs to support the capacity development of the NIEC in their preparations for the 2020 voter registration and 2020/21 Election. Specifically, consultant must demonstrate capabilities in the following areas:
- A Master’s Degree in a relevant field with a minimum 10 years of direct experience in elections logistics and operations. A Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 13 years’ experience will also be considered;
- At least three of these years must be within fragile and conflict-affected states.
- Must have demonstrated track record of building collaborative relationships in complex political environments;
- Must have demonstrated track record of working within a governmental institution, preferably embedded within an Election Management Body;
- Must have a demonstrated history of delivering operational plans throughout the electoral cycle.
Estimated period of performance: July 1 – December 31, 2019.
Estimated Level of Effort (LOE): Ninety (90) Days.
TASKS TO BE PERFORMED
- Travel to Mogadishu, Somalia for analysis, consultations, and technical support to the Somalia NIEC.
- Familiarize themselves with the NIEC structure and functions particularly the Department of Voter Registration and Election Operations and relevant staff within these departments/ offices
- Perform a mapping exercise of the interactions that their Department/Offices has with the other Offices within the NIEC, demonstrating the; input, output and decision-making points
- Prepare a list of products and outputs their office will deliver, where appropriate, for:
o During registration
o Post-registration and PVL-FVL display periods
o Polling day
o Results management
- Prepare a staff and resource table (Specialist software, etc.) to be presented to the NIEC Secretary General (SG);
- Within the existing NIEC Staff and Somali advisory pool dedicated to their assigned Office, identify any training, skill or certification shortfalls;
- Identify proposed in-house, on-line, or out of country training, including; course name, timing/availability, cost, and prepare a proposal document to support their recommendation.
- Advisor will provide in-house training, support, guidance and mentoring to the relevant department/ offices
RESULTS AND/OR DELIVERABLES
- Draft Recommended Action Plan
- Revised Recommended Action Plan
- Tailored developmental training and mentoring including creating associated, tailored training materials
- Organizational Mapping Document
- Weekly written reports to the BUILD Election Technical Advisor (ETA)
Please submit the following documents in response to this RFQ:
- A technical statement that addresses technical knowledge and practical aspects that the Offeror has and will employ reflecting the Statement of Capabilities;
- An updated CV that reflects the education, skills, and experience required in Attachment 1;
- A proposed daily rate that will be effective for one (1) year for level of effort (LOE) assignments and used as the basis for reasonableness determination for fixed price assignments. Please provide rate history or other basis for support of your proposed daily rate.
- Signed and completed Consultant Certifications
- USAID Biodata 1420 Form
About the Organization
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.